“Very good”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Rusholme
Description: The heart and soul of Spicy Mint Restaurant is spectacularly good food in an informal family friendly atmosphere. The very best ingredients, imaginative recipes and innovative menus have ensured a devoted following among customers for years. We provide the warmest welcome whoever the customer and whatever the occasion. The secret of our success is the same now as it always has been - a passion for curry, great service, a love of people, a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and an amazingly modest bill at the end of the evening. All curries served are HALAL and Gluten free. No MSG or preservatives, artificial flavours or additives are used. We keep the nutritional value by using fresh herbs & Home-made spices. ALLERGY ADVICE: If you have any food allergies please let us know before ordering. We will be happy to assist you in selecting a suitable dish. Please don't hesitate to ask for advice on selections of VEGAN dishes. The chef will be delighted to alter dishes to your palate where possible.WE ALSO ACCEPT BITCOIN & Altcoins also.
Bollington
“Very good”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great Indian kitsch decor, complete with red zed chairs, electric blue padded bar, fish tank and some interesting looking art. Could have been tongue in cheek. Service is excellent, no fussing, just efficient and friendly. Best Indian food I have tasted in a long time. Very full and fresh flavours. We had a couple of the sizzling dishes which come with a choice of curry sauces I can't remember how to spell. Both were delicious. Naan and saag aloo were also excellent and the price very reasonable. I'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
shabes, Manager at Spicy Mint Restaurant, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thanks for your opinion look forward on your next vist to Spicy Hut,

Manchester, United Kingdom
“The only place to eat on the Curry Mile!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Can take your own wine here. Good service, great choice of starters and main courses. The chef will adjust your meal to your taste, ie make it more or less spicey. The restaurant is basic but clean and has a seating area upstairs. Staff are friendly, helpful and the service is very good, not a lot of waiting around for the meals!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ruthie49
Thank you for takeing time to write this review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful family meal: service was very personable, humourous but not overbearing. Food excellent, atmosphere just what you want from a curry house.
To top it all, the owner received a bravery award for saving some policemen cornered by a riotous mob ten or so years ago, so this deed alone is a singular reason for others to try this restaurant.

1 Thank Allan B
thank you for enjoying over hospitality .
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Can't get enough of this joint.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Keep coming back for more. They just know how to cook Pakistani/Indian food.Fantastic starters and mains, you can take your own booze.Brilliant atmosphere if its the weekend.Friendly ( not in your face ) staff. Good value.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 73farpolo
Thank you very much hope to serve you for many years to come.
“Worst Indian food I've ever had!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

As I was coming from London I wanted to try the 'apparent' best restaurant on Wilmslow Road according to trip advisor reviews.

Being an Asian and also having sampled countless curries in London, Leicester, Birmingham, Bradford etc, I would say I'm a sort of expert when it comes to curries.

I'm not sure that when my wife and I went for our meal the chef was absent or what but the food was absolutely appalling! We ordered two complete different curries; Malta and the other, mughlai. When I got the mughlai, something smelt off. My wife and I deduced that the mince meat was off and they had the nerve to serve it to us. On the up side they did take it away and serve us a 'fresh' dish. The reason for the inverted commas is because, even though the curries my wife and I ordered were completely different, it tasted like they had used the same base for the curries. They both tasted exactly the same! If I ate the food with my eyes closed, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference except for the fact that one had chicken and almonds, the other had prawns.

All in all, I have had better curries from cheap takeaways. If you like your curries tasting the same, go to spicy hut. I WILL NOT COME HERE AGAIN!!

shabes, Manager at Spicy Mint Restaurant, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I personalty took your order as to yor request the dish to be personalise like Chicken and Lamp mice Mughli did advice you its not good combination on this dish as it would change the originality of the dish ,Being an Asian also advise it will be mildest for you but said like it that way.When meal arrived your complain was that mice was off which my self and my staff tested it nothing wrong.I re lazed that the problem was with that combination not the mince, replaced the dish with Chicken Mughli. When waiter cleared the table their was not single curry left on the plate or the dish.We'er not sorry that you had taken such an objection to this that you felt the need to write a negative review but we certainly hope that your future experiences elsewhere are mush more enjoyable when personalise dishes and your criticism a little more constructive