“Slow service”

Podium Restaurant Bar & Lounge
Ranked #659 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A casual dining experience, Podium offers guest intimate booth dining, with rich banquettes and Marble Floors. The cuisine is modern international, using local produce. Great for breakfast and ideal for a business lunch, Podium is also perfect for relaxed evening meal before heading to Cloud 23 for a cocktail.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Good drinks , good food, good atmosphere,.,,,,but sloooooooooow service. Also the waiter didnt speak very good english.

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cooking and super staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have enjoyed several meals here. The set menu from which there is plenty of choice with fish and vegetarian options as well as chicken and red meat is excellent value for money.
The chefs change the menu regularly and offer interesting combinations always well cooked and delicious.
Generally the waiting staff are excellent although last time I had some officially in making myself understood to he waiter who was slightly rude to me as a on sequence. But tonight I was leased with a delightful Australian lady who was a nurse back home but worked as a waitress here. I was lucky as the service was flawless. My sea bass was interesting and the rhubarb and raspberry soufflé sensational.

Manchester
“Great way to spend a rainy Sunday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I used a Travel Zoo voucher for a Champagne breakfast in this Restaurant.
We were welcomed as a valued customer and made to feel very special by Sam. He was very attentive and a credit to the Hilton group. The breakfast was excellent. Fresh fruit, cereals, full English breakfast, toast, tea and coffee and of course excellent Champagne.
We went up to the Cloud 23 bar afterwards for cocktails and the young lady there was just as pleasant, taking the time to show us around the bar and the amazing views from 23 floors up in the sky!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank foreveryoung62
Birkdale, United Kingdom
“Good meal, great service but wierd atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were staying at the hotel and so thought we would eat at Podium rather than go out. For starters we had the scotch eggs and black pudding which was pretty good but not sensational. We also had the scallops with horseradish mash - the scallops were excellent but were completely overpowered by the horseradish.

For the main course we had the filet steak and lobster 'surf and turf'. The steak was excellent and I mean really excellent. The Lobster was pretty good as well.

The service was very good however the atmosphere is a bit weird. There is no real separation between the lobby and the restaurant. Also the ceiling is too lofty giving no intimacy.

Chorley, England, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out Had By All......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked this restaurant via Buyagift.com as a present for my husband's birthday. The staff were excellent and very welcoming from the start. As part of the gift experience we could choose from the set menu which offered a good varied choice and we also received a free glass of champaign. The waiter offered complementary bread and water and as an extra bonus we were given a free platter of fruits and mints following the dessert as it was my husbands birthday (very nice touch!) The food was first class and elegantly presented, we had a break between each course so we did not feel rushed. I Would definitely return to the Podium Restaurant again for a special occasion, highly recommended.