“Good decor, unbearable hot rooms, surly staff.”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #23 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
England, UK
“Good decor, unbearable hot rooms, surly staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

We booked this hotel in advance at a good price, for a one night stay before a morning flight. Staff were friendly and efficient on check-in, the room was a good size and facilities were fine. The restaurant was quite busy, the starters were pub grub standard, but the pizzas were surprisingly good, obviously freshly made with a hand stretched base and flavourful toppings. The available wines were good and not too over-priced. The seating area around the bar was crowded and the TVs were too loud to allow conversation so after one drink we went back to our room.
The TV reception was poor with repeated interference making watching a programme frustrating. The room temperature was the big problem however. On the way down to dinner, I complained that our room was overly hot and one of the reception staff offered to adjust it from reception. The room seemed fine with the window open, but the motorway and airport bus stopping every 20 minutes was too noisy to keep it open. Witihin a couple of hours of going to bed it was too hot to sleep with the window closed, so a sleepless noisy night followed-not great when you have a long flight the next day. After breakfast the next morning our room key stopped working and none of the cleaning staff would let us in to get our bags so we missed the bus we intended to get, I had the key re-programmed by a gruff receptionist and this still did not work. I complained about the room and was told in a rude manner that we should have told someone-I told her I had and insisted on the good night guarantee. This didn't help the tiredness but we did get a refund,though she was clearly reluctant to do so.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
giddings, Sales at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Many thanks for your constructive feedback. I have made a note that you found the tv's in the bar area too loud. This is something that we can look into so that it is at a level that suits all guests. Apologies the TV in the bedroom did not have a good signal - please advise reception next time as this is something that can be fixed.

Again apologies that you found the room too hot and the AC insufficient, should you stop with us again please feel free to call me and we can discuss your room requirements in advance.

Your final note "gruff, rude receptionist" is something that we will take very seriously and we will certainly re-visit training requirements. Once again many thanks for your review, it is ony with reviews such as this that we can highlight any issues and strive to give our guests great stay with us.

Best Regards

Helen Giddings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

When we arrived at Manchester after our transatlantic flight we were bagged. The Premier Inn was a breath of fresh air. Clean, comfortable, and a cheap shuttle bus away from the airport
and the best part was it was only 29 pounds a night

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
South Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

Spacious clean quiet rooms with very adequate facilities for price. The bed was so comfortable that both mornings I woke up thinking I was at home!
The restaurant closes at 10pm and there is a fairly limited bar menu after that.
Beware the extras: parking £5/night, all-you-can-eat breakfast £7.95 (not bad value actually)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NickLz
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

Had to stay here for a night as unable to stay for 3 nights at the trafford inn. It was a bit confusing on arrival as there are 2 inns here and so took pot luck as to which to try first. Turns out we were at the right one first time - it was the older of the 2 and nearer the motorway side of the industrial type park (evidently there is a way to tell by the first letters on your booking reference). Reception staff seemed to be all trainees and check in was a bit confusing and very slow. We were advised to book the restaurant as it gets busy and this proved to be the case. A lot of guests are only there for the night before or after their flights (a few noisy groups included). My room was ok but with shower only and sink unit in the bedroom which I found strange. I would not recommend the actual room (119) as it is right above the entrance and so you get the shuttle bus and taxis continually coming and going and also if you have the window open then smoke from the smokers is let in. However, of course I could have changed rooms and so I can't really complain. I did wake up around midnight to find the room very hot despite the aircon being on the lowest setting and of course couldn't leave the window open for the reasons previously stated. Food was fine but the waiting staff again appeared to be trainees and I didn't appreciate being told about the specials and what choices were unavailable - I made a flippant remark suggesting they go over and get it from the adjacent inn but that didn't raise a smile. The big downer for me was the parking charge of £5 per 24hrs. I've stayed elsewhere (i.e. both Norwich inns) and they either refund or give you a ticket to get out. I was also surprised that the housekeeper entered the room at around 0830hrs without knocking.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

I only stayed at this hotel for one night. However, I was amazed at how clean, comfortable and accomodating the rooms are. I had one of the most pleasant nights sleep i have had in a long time! Rooms are quiet, with all mod cons (Flat screen freeview television, tea and coffee making facilities and an amazing shower!) It had the most comfortable bed and fluffy pillows, I also found the quietness of the room simply amazing considering it is so close to the airport! I would most definately stay at this hotel again and will also recommend others to do so!.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Gwynedd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

stayed for 1 night before flying to paris, wasn't expecting much, but it was great, clean & very comfy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

If all you need is your head down before a flight this is it. It is understaffed so they are frazzled. The restaurant has 2+ hours wait and you are stranded with no where else to go.
But it is clean and tidy and very close to airport.
The staff were very pleasant and tried to make up for the shortfalls.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!