“Convenient stop over.”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #33 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Confusingly, there are two Premier Inns for Manchester Airport, both on the same road (one is "north" and one "south"). Dont worry though as they are in the same compound and there is not a lot of difference between them.

I have stayed at the "north" one several times and been very satisfied, but due to it being full I took the other option this time.

The main difference is that the external façade is less modern, however the inside has been refurbed, so this is not an issue.

The rooms are large, comfortable, and have all the essentials (bearing in mind that this is a budget hotel). There is a convenient restaurant and bar on site, and the site is only a couple of km from the airport.

Pre-paying for breakfast and dinner on check in gives you a nice discount.

Only negative point is that you need to pay extra for parking and if you want to use the wifi for more than 30 minutes - though for the room price you can forgive them for charging a metle more for these options.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have always stayed at Bewleys when travelling from Manchester airport but, as this PI offered £40 for the room, we decided to try it the night before we flew. Check-in wasn't quick as they were very busy but staff were pleasant.

The room was large with the sink in an alcove by the bathroom door. We don't mind this but some may not like it. We really liked the shower which was spacious and even had a seat in it. The bed was not the most comfortable we have had but you cannot please everyone when it comes to mattresses! We had room 105 which we found quiet and will try to get this room again.

We didn't try the food here as the timing wasn't right. Transfers were quick and pleasant. All in all this will be our hotel at Manchester airport from now on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flowerlady64
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had a flight at 6.45 in the morning from Manchester so decided to stay the night and use the park and fly facility. The staff were very friendly and welcoming from start to finish. The day we were due back our flight was cancelled. I contacted Premier Inn direct from Finland informing them of the situation and they were very understanding and told us not to worry. Having returned to the UK to pick the car up I expected to be charged for the extra day of parking but was pleasantly surprised that we weren't. We also used Premier Inn's recommended taxi service who again were also very good. I would certainly use Premier Inn South again when flying from Manchester.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky S
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were made very welcome at 7.30 in the morning after a long flight from Melbourne via Dubai. The room rate was so reasonable that we booked the rooms for the night before as well to ensure that they would be available as soon as we got there (a very good idea as the hotel was full that night and we would have had to wait some time until rooms were cleaned).

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

i travel extensively and stay in many different types of hotels and pay many different rates. The premier inn i stayed at beat many of the much more expensive hotels hands down. The standard of the room was excellent in all respects, unlike many more expensive hotels, having recently had to change rooms because of the poor cleanliness at one 'better standard' hotel, it was a refreshing change. If you want a convenient, comfortable, clean hotel that is well priced, you wont beat Premier in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Always visiting Premier Inn Hotel. For me is the best from overall. great service including cleaniness which I find a priority for me and the family, especially with the kids. Good service and friendly staff. My husband who comes to watch Utd matches, this hotel is a great base. Premier Inn is a clean hotel, has good sized rooms, efficient service just what we expected.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Have stayed here many times over the years as it's so handy for Manchester airport. It wasn't built as a Premier Inn so there are oddities to it- a twin room has two double beds (fantastic!) but the sink is in the bedroom not the bathroom, there's no bath, and most annoyingly there is no shelf to put anything on in the tiny bathroom - I wear glasses and have to sit them on the look which I don't find very hygienic. The room is starting to look tired. The plaster in the bathroom for example. The shower ceiling is starting to go a bit black and mouldy and the plug hole was filthy - unfortunate as you are looking straight at it when sitting on the loo!

We had a room overlooking the motorway. Usually we must have been given a room overlooking the other side as I have never had a room this noisy - I went to close the window as soon as I entered the room as I assumed it must be open from the noise level - it wasn't! And it kept me awake for a lot of the night.

We've always received excellent service and this trip I can only say it was fine. The staff from our hotel were at their Christmas party, so staff from the hotel across the road were covering. They were doing their best, but everything took a bit longer as they didn't know where it was. It wasn't the usual warm welcome either.

Supper was fine. the two courses for £14 is good value, but if you don't want two courses it's very expensive. I asked for 2 scoops of ice cream instead of 3 as I was already quite full, but I got 3 scoops - not the end of the world, but its the attention to detail that just felt lacking on this trip.

Will stay again if I can get a room for £29.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't overlook the motorway