“Fantastic Stay with Exceptional Staff”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night prior to an early morning USA flight. Stayed with my husband and twin 10 yr old grandsons. Check in was quick and efficient. Room was lovely,very clean and plenty big enough for 4 of us. Air conditioning wasn't working properly and it was a hot night. Staff promptly brought us 2 fans and they were very apologetic.
Next day breakfast was delicious. Kids eat free if 1 adult orders breakfast ( Great deal) Staff in Restaurant were so attentive and helpful. Amazing.
On checkout Staff organised a shuttle bus for us to the airport for which there was a small charge. A special mention to NILE on reception who was fantastic. She let us off paying for our breakfast as we had had trouble with the AC the night before. She was so helpful along with Lisa, they could not have done more to make our stay a pleasurable one.
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,016)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn for one night last Friday as we needed a quick stop over hotel after arriving late into the airport. I had phoned in advance and asked for a room facing the front of the hotel, since I had looked online and found that the hotel looks directly onto the m56 motorway.

When we arrived on Friday evening we were 'greeted' by a really unpleasant receptionist whom I found to be quite rude. I said I had completed the online check in already, and she gave me the printed receipt to sign and write on my nationality (I still don't understand why Premier Inns look for this). As we were tired and I had just come from picking up a rental car with lots of 'sign here's' involved, I accidentally initialed on the receipt instead of writing my nationality. The receptionist threw the slip back at me, pointed at my initials and said very curtly, 'what is this? what is this? I said nationality!' I apologised and corrected my mistake, to be responded to with an irritated sigh and the receipt whipped back off me. I was asked if I had a car and when I said yes the receptionist just held out her hand and said 'you need to pay for parking, 5 pounds'. Now I knew this already having booked online but her manner was completely rude and unprofessional. She did not even say thank you, just took my money and threw the parking pass back at me. She started talking then about the meal deal including the breakfast and said it would be £22 or whatever it was. I said I had already paid for breakfast online, to which she sighed again and replied 'yes I know that obviously, you pay the difference'. Her whole attitude was extremely unpleasant and I felt glad to be getting away from the desk after finally receiving my room card.

To my disappointment I discovered that they had put us in a room facing the back of the hotel, facing right out onto the motorway, when we opened the window the noise was deafening, and it wasn't much better with the window closed. Since the hotel seemed extremely busy I didn't think there would be much chance of changing rooms at this point, nor did I want to deal with the receptionist again so we decided to put up with it as best we could.

Shortly after that I went down to order a pizza at about 9.10pm. The barman (who was very courteous and friendly, in stark contrast to the receptionist) said that it would be about ten minutes and he would call my room when it was ready so I wouldn't have to wait downstairs. It was only after going back up and sitting around for about 20 minutes that I realised there was no phone in the room!! I went back down to the bar and explained the situation to a different barman who laughed and said 'but there's no phone in the room'. Hilarious, I thought, so why did the guy earlier say they would call me? I sat there waiting for another 10 minutes when someone came over and said there was a 'backlog' in the kitchen and I would have my pizza in 5 minutes. Finally at 9.50pm it arrived, 40 minutes after I ordered.

After that myself and my husband tried to sleep, but it was absolutely impossible with the noise from the motorway. In addition, the room had some weird box unit (I've no idea what it was for) on the wall which had a green light on it which we did not seem to be able to switch off. This was really bright and made it very difficult (on top of the noise) to settle down. The traffic on the motorway did not subside once during the night, maybe for about 5 minutes at about 4am, that was it. Neither myself nor my husband got a wink of sleep despite me even taking a couple of sleeping tablets. Absolutely terrible night.

The next morning we went down to the restaurant for breakfast and spent the whole time we were there listening to very public arguments between the restaurant staff about cleaning tables and who was supposed to be doing what. Very unprofessional behaviour and not something you want to be sat listening to after a bad night with no sleep. There was no receptionist to be found at the desk when we were checking out, so we just left our room key on the desk and left without being able to complain about the rubbish nights' sleep.

Overall we found this hotel to be extremely poor, definitely in terms of sleep quality (i.e. none) and also the attitude and unprofessional carry on of the staff. We spent a very pleasant two nights straight after this in Premier Inn Trentham Gardens and found it to be far superior in service, cleanliness and sleep quality. We will definitely not be returning to this particular airport.

Room Tip: Absolutely stay away from the rooms facing the m56 - you will not sleep, full stop.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cr4zyc4tl4dy
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to learn of your recent experience. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. I would also like to apologise for the noise disturbance you encountered during your stay Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards.Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel before catching a flight from Manchester Airport the following day, I booked online and I received an email from the hotel a couple of days before my stay explaining that I could check in online. I followed the instructions on the email provided and the online check in process was so easy. I then received another email that was my check in confimation.
On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were very friendly and because of the helpful online check in it meant we could check in quickly, what everyone wants when arriving at a hotel! The reception staff were very helpful and friendly explaining all of the Premier Inn facilities etc and asking if we required a table reservation for tea and a taxi the following morning.
The room was immaculate and more than adequate for an overnight stay, we felt it was very good value for money.
We opted to have tea in the restaurant downstairs that we had made a reservation for on check in, we went down earlier than our booking to have a few drinks and found there was a really good selection of drinks and reasonably priced too. At the allocated time we then went in for tea and the food is of extremely good quality, I reccomend the duck parcels to start they were amazing. I can't speak highly enough of all the staff and esepcially our waiter in the restaurant who unfortunately I can't remeber the name of :( It began with an E a happy friendly man who went over and above his duties to help us out.
Overall a fantastic stay in the Premier Inn Runger Lane South will definitely be returning in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just stayed for one night prior to a morning transatlantic flight. One night parking at hotel and week's Meet & Greet included in price.
Room clean and tidy with all necessary facilities. Meal in on-site restaurant was reasonably priced for an airport hotel and quite acceptable.
Just a hint; our party wanted two rooms and needed parking for just one car. Check the price of two separate bookings against booking a second room at the same time as the room with the car park deal; I made a significant saving by making two bookings in the name of different people, rather than booking two on the same online page.
We got just we wanted from the Premier Inn; convenience, car parking and reasonable value for money. I won't hesitate to use again when flying from Manchester and don't want to drive at unacceptable times of day/night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at many Premier Inns over the past few years. I find the defining characteristic is the staff. The staff here are very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. I had a few requests, and they were dealt with promptly and pleasantly. I also needed an airport transfer, and that was sorted. The rooms were immaculate and spacious, and the beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are subject to noise from smokers below, and the airport transfer ve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked a Meet & Greet package. Hotel ideally located, just off M56 and only a few minutes drive to Terminal 1. M & G car park at Terminal 1 is very convenient for departures and arrivals. Exterior of hotel fairly uninspiring, but once inside it is a 'normal' Premier Inn. Room large, well appointed and clean, as usual. Restaurant/Bar was very busy, but provided a good meal in a timely manner. The staff on reception and in the restaurant were all friendly and efficient. Definitely will consider the M & G package again, depending on flight time.
Rooms on front above main entrance may suffer from the early morning taxis, with a lot of noisy sliding/slamming doors & excited travellers/children, if you have the room windows open.

Room Tip: Rooms on front,but away from main entrance should be quieter. Rooms on back will overlook the M56 an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have stayed at many Premier Inns - including this one several times. Room, location etc absolutely spot on but I think the Chef was having a bad day - my husband ordered "ribs" which arrived quite some time later and were still frozen in the middle. The waitress was mortified and asked if we wanted something else my husband chose the pizza this time which I think had been microwaved somewhat floppy. This is the first bad experience we had so I won't let it put me off Premier Inns

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple