Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #40 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn South, Manchester Airport the night before a 4.30am pick up to the airport. The reception staff were very welcoming and efficient. The procedure regarding my 'meet and greet' car service was simple. The bar staff were friendly and my meal was tasty. The arrangement for the taxi in the morning again very simple and reasonable in cost (£3 as I used the minibus which was available on each half hour from 4am - £6 if you wanted another time). When I returned from my holiday I made a quick phone call from the free airport telephone and the taxi arrived within 5 mins. At the hotel, reception staff checked my details and returned the keys for my car that was back in the car park (taken offsite whilst on holiday). All in all it was a very smooth process and fantastic value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AJHP
Write a ReviewReviews (3,115)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This Premier Inn is brilliantly situated for the airport. It is consistent in standard but starting to look a little tired (hence why not 5*) but can't be beaten on price especially with the Meet and Greet parking added on. Service as ever was genuine and friendly and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Justine1969
Reviewed August 18, 2013

l stayed at this hotel before my early morning flight to Crete, and stayed here again on the way back because we got back really late and we just wanted to sleep.

My first stay was fantastic and the atmosphere in the hotel at dinner time was great, as everyone was talking about their holiday and having a quiet drink. The food at dinner was fantastic and the very friendly staff gave the hotel a bonus!

My last stay was just as great. With clean bedroom/bathroom and comfortable beds you cannot go wrong. l also recommend having breakfast in the morning as it doesn't cost much but is delicous.

You can easily book a taxi to the airport by asking one of the staff on the reception desk. lt's £6 to the train station airport and its £7 to the airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but i would recommend a room facing the front so you can see all the airplanes l...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarrotCake_123
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed the night before a flight to florida. We had a family room and both boys shared a double bed with no problems. Our room faced the motorway but had no lack of sleep from it. We had parking included as we had meet and greet servive as part of our booking. It cost us £6 to get to the airport the next day. Overall a good nights sleep and well worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank bella7966
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We use a lot of premier inns all over the uk, to date this is the best all the staff first class got value on food, Steve our manager was very helpful when my wife burned her arm on the kettle, dressed the wound no after effects. Will be returning again

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydJoanBailey
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here before our early morning flight and it was great! Room was spotless, check in was quick and the food was lovely. They offer a 3 course meal and breakfast for £22 pp, we had this and it was well worth it. You have to pay £5 for 24 hrs parking which isn't bad, I'm definitely here again when I fly from Manchester!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lan_nico
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Out of all the budgetchains - I do prefer the Premier Inn; not as budget as it can (unless you book in advance) but always clean and pleasant. This hotel was no exception - all be it one of the largest PI's I've stayed at. With the family prior to a flight out. Close to the airport (we paid @£8 each way but we needed a large car).

As has been mentioned what is good, even though it is an airport hotel, it's very soundproof and quiet. You are indeed not lying awake listening to people coming and going and banging doors at peculiar hours.

I liked the fact that as our room had a cot in, room service had moved the tea/coffee tray up on the table. Slightly unusual having the sink in the room rather than the bathroom but there you go. Huge room as well - lots of space for a small person to run around in.

Restaurant is decent - but in the summer when its busy book early as ..well, its busy.

Good friendly service

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Manchester hotels
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
1 mi away
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#60 of 121 in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!