“Happy with my choice”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #30 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I ummed and ahhed about whether or not to stay in one of the more expensive on-site hotels at Manchester Airport, but the poor reviews put me off and I opted for the Premier Inn. It was a better experience than I was expecting. Our room was large, clean and comfortable with lots of tea and coffee. As we approached our room we could hear a child crying in the room next door and thought 'Oh no!' but once in the room we couldn't hear the crying at all. Any hotel near an airport is going to be susceptible to noise, but beyond a gentle hum from the motorway we didn't hear a thing and had a good night's sleep. We didn't use the restaurant as we had to be off early, but if you just need a place to sleep for a few hours before a flight, I think this is an excellent option.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank stephnee13

Reviewed May 29, 2013

have stayed at a few premier inns and can not usually fault them, so going on a family holiday recently and flying from Manchester decided to try the new " sleep park fly" deal. Due to living well over two hours drive away and having to be at the airport at 4.30am.with kids ect. we decided to stay the "night" and book the airport parking in one go.Checked in efficiently as usual and given a parking permit for that night .At the room we realised there was no preferred bath just a shower. A minor issue for some maybe but, if you have just driven well over 100miles & after working all day, we think a soak is a far more relaxing way to start your holiday,apart from the convenience of being able to bath the kids !To be fair, the details of hotel do state this, but I missed it ! Also the directions given at reception for the meet&greet parking are from the motorway, not the hotel !! So at night in an unfamiliar area it could confuse some people. Its a few pounds dearer to book things this way but I think its still good value for a stay plus a meet & greet service .

Room Tip: only pod showers ,no bath!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ken k
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Booked for an early morning flight. The room was well appointed, everything worked as expected. The meal was good and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. You certainly get what you pay for, but not a holiday hotel for more than one night. We could hear the busy traffic all night.

Room Tip: Try to book a room away from the motorway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Needed a hotel for the night. Booked the Premier inn as it was the cheapest thought they was a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back but the shuttle bus is a taxi and only can go from Hotel to the airport on it. Had to fork out £10 for a taxi who gave us a tour of Manchester airport.
Hotel was nice the lady who checked us in was really friendly and helpful Managed to order some nachos for the room which was nice. The room was fine and clean. Wife didnt sleep well but i slept fine Checked out early and got the Shuttle bus Taxi to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently with my wife at the hotel on room only basis for 1 night as we were flying from the airport next morning. Made advance booking for £35.00 for the room with no refund for cancellations. Couldn't find on the website, there is also a £5.00 car parking fee which is extra.
Checking in was easy and pleasant and the rooms although basic were clean and comfortable. Dined in the ground floor restaurant and the 2 course meal and drinks were good value for money(about £45.00 per couple).
The only downside was the furniture in the lounge/reception area which was in very poor condition with some arms on chairs having no covering at all.
Would recommend staying again as it is excellent value for money,but please recover or replace your shabby furniture Premier Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here before we flew the next day. Check in was fine asked me if I wanted to pay for breakfast and argued with me as I had already bought a "meal deal" but she wasnt convinced until I got my confirmation voucher out. Went to the room was ok nothing that I wasnt expecting at the end of the day its a premier inn. We diecided to have a walk down to the aviation viewing park to pass some time but we wanted some more pillows so I spotted a maid/room cleaner and asked if we could have some more pillows she said "you have got two extra already in there" and escorted us back to the room and said "oh you have already got them ones down I will have to speak to my boss and see if you can have some more" makes me laugh really because in their information pack it says you can have as many as you like with their good night sleep guarantee. THEN THE SHOCK OF MY LIFE - as we were walking back out of the room the cleaner was behind us and she poked us both in the back and said "I have only just cleaned that room and you have made a right mess" that was it I'd had enought normally im a really shy and plaside person, I said "What? We have been in there for all of five minutes its not a mess at all" and she didnt reply and we went to the viewing park. When we went for Dinner which was included in our Meal Deal - yet another shambles. He didnt know whether her was coming or going it wasnt that busy but he was certainly taking his time. From been seated to the first contact with the waiter was 30 minutes. The food was OK. Partner had chicken he said it was tough and stringy and looked like an old shoe sole! Overall discusted with the service we recieved and will not be staying again!

• Stayed: May 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Upon arrival lady at recetion was very friendly. Room including bathroom was clean, nice. I felt comfortable and slept very well. Waiter for dinner was very professional. He explained us daily speciality and selection of beers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business