Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
$92
$212
$197
3,219 results
All reviewsmanchester airportstayed heremeet and greet parkingmeal dealan early flightjet parksnext morninggood nights sleepcar parkpre flight stayfamily roomtwo double bedsnight's sleepovernight stayone night stayexcellent staybudget hotel
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel is very near Manchester Airport and that is the attraction. It is in an area thick with warehouses and the like and as such is probably only useful for pre or post flight stays or other business stays. It is modern and was very busy early evening with a permanent shortish queue to check in. The room was good sized and well appointed as are most other Premier Inns. Given that there is nowhere else to park but in the hotel car park, it was disappointing to be charged £5 for the privilege. In our case it was for just 7 hours! The staff were pleasant and the food we saw looked good although we not actually eat. Overall the hotel was fit for purpose.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel and fantastic location!! Have stayed here each time we have went on holiday and will continue to use this hotel in the future! Good food, clean rooms and fantastic price for a family of 4!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having stayed at Runger Lane North in the past, we decided on this occasion to stay in the South instead due to price, and the fact that we were part of a party attending a family funeral. However, although cleanliness was excellent, and staff brilliant as usual, we were not at all impressed at the washbasin being in the bedroom, outside the shower room. I like to be able to wash my hands after using the lavatory, before using the handle to exit the room, and not have to come out into the bedroom to wash, then go back into the shower room to dry my hands, there being no towel rail and nowhere to put a towel by the wahbasin! And I like privacy when I wash.
I do hope that the promised refurbishment has taken place, as I've never before stayed in a hotel where the arms of every single one of the chairs in the lounge area were threadbare! Not at all what you expect from a Premier Inn. Next time I'll return to the much better Runger Lane North, and pay the little extra.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lulubellcornwall
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm a relative newcomer to the Premier Inn brand, so it's been quite pleasant discovering what it's all about and what it offers at the various locations I've stayed at. I have just stayed at both of the Manchester Airport properties this last weekend, and found the differences between the two quite interesting - and worth mentioning, since they might well halp you make a decision as to which to go for, should room rates be very similar.
Both of the Manchester Airport properties, as has already been mentioned, are located across from eachother in a small enclave of 'budget' accommodation options, close to the freight/cargo area. The taxi shuttle service, currently offered at a flat/fixed-rateof £6 one-way per vehicle, is very efficient and reliable; I called the taxi operator directly, (number on the website for the hotel, and, I believe, in the confirmation email sent upon booking), and they were at 'the station' at the Airport within minutes. Text messages are sent to your mobile to tell you when the taxi has been dispatched, and again when its' arrival is imminent - so you are kept 'in the loop'. The taxi firm also has an 'app' for smartphones which worked brilliantly the two times that I used it.The only thing to consider is that the fare is per. vehicle - so if there are a couple of you, or a family, it actually works out pretty cheap - not so much if, like myself, you're a solo-traveller. This is one area where the costs can really add-up if you're not careful, and can make comparisons with other accomodation options at the Airport all the more important before booking.
The 'South' property appears to be referred to as the 'old' Premier Inn - which seems a little unfair, as it's still pretty new, but is the older of the two on-site. This is also the only one to offer meeting rooms, (so if you have a meeting arranged, it'll be at this location!) There isn't an actual 'Costa Coffee' concession within the hotel - as is the case with its neighbour - but there is one of those Costa machines, such as found in Tesco Express outlets and in motorway garages - if you need to indulge your caffeine-fix! Being a (slightly!) older property, this Premier Inn doesn't seem to have the self check-in machines - and whether you approve or not of that will undoubtedly depend on your opinion of such facilities in general! I didn't have to wait to check-in, and as my booking was pre-paid, the whole procedure was completed within minutes. It was also nice to have things 'highlighted' to me by a member of staff, which would otherwise have just been printed-off for me by the machine. Sadly 'human interaction' seems to be dying-out in such establishments, so actually it made a refreshing change to be welcomed for once!
I was provided with my 'meal deal' voucher at check-in, and within minutes I had received an email invoice sent to my mobile. The room I had booked was a family room, and consisted of two double beds. The same 'family room' at the Premier Inn across the way wasn't as large at all, and featured one double and a converted sofa unit, made-up with linen and pillows etc.This might be worth noting if you want a little more space or, if indeed, you are travelling as a family. The rooms at this Inn also feature a sink unit within the actual room, i.e. not enclosed within a bathroom. Some might appreciate or prefer this; as a solo traveller, it didn't make much odds to me, but had I been travelling with someone else, I might not have liked having to complete some of my daily ablutions in front of someone else! There are also no baths here, just a shower unit, (which curiously features a little seat within it!) Imperial Leather gel is provided from a dispenser in the shower, and Carex hand-soap beside the sink.There is a hairdryer provided beneath the desk unit, and tea and coffee-making facilities are also to be found beneath the desk. The wardrobe is 'open', and plenty of hangers were provided.
I had a room on the ground floor, which I was initially apprehensive about. I didn't especially like having people walking so close to my window, despite having a net at the window etc. I was also concerned that there might be associated noise generated and possibly car lights etc. streaming-in. However, I just closed the curtains when dusk fell and didn't suffer from any noise or other intrusion. It also meant not having to struggle with cases in lifts etc.! The only problem I had was from the fire-door outside my room, which appeared to be in constant use from around 4.00am onwards - despite there not being too many rooms further-up the corridor from mine - and kept banging shut quite noisily!
I had made a reservation for dinner upon arrival, so getting a table in the restaurant was easy, despite it being quite busy. The £22.99 'meal deal' is certainly worth considering - it includes three courses for dinner, along with a glass of wine, beer, or a soft-drink, plus a full buffet breakfast the next morning, (in iteslf, £8.95 in value). If you want to get the best out of this deal, check-out the restaurant menu in your room before you leave for dinner, as this indicates prices for each of the items - the menu presented, having submitted your meal deal voucher, doesn't give you that detail. You have to decide upon all your three courses upon ordering, if you're availing of the deal. Considering that the main-course steak is £11.95 alone - when you add on the breakfast, starter, dessert and possibly a glass of alcohol, you're onto a good thing. You don't have free-run of the menu, but the options available are pretty wide-ranging and include some veggie choices. If you haven't opted for the deal at booking, you can do so at check-in and even upon arrival at the restaurant, so it's pretty flexible. Service at the restaurant was fluid and friendly,no complaints at all.
While I don't ever like paying extra for WIFI, I did appreciate that the Premier Inn only charge £3 for 24 hours of access to multiple devices. They provide 30mins. free, which can be staggered - that in itself is pretty impressive these days, especially in the U.K.! This is another 'extra' you might want to consider before making a booking here, or elsewhere.
Overall, I enjoyed a comfortable, clean, and efficient, friendly stay - which is, really, all I could ask for. The staff really were remarkably friendly and personable, and must be commended for that. OK so it isn't as amenity-laden as other accommodation options, but as always you have to do your calculations, depending on what is important for you - and you'll work out if this is your most appropriate choice. If you're travelling as a family, I reckon this is probably your best bet. However, solo/couple travellers might need to delve deeper! For example: the Hilton at the Airport was offering a rate of £74 on the Sunday night I stayed, with the Premier Inn offering £43. Add on to that £43 a round-trip taxi fare of £12 - comes to £55 already. It then depends on how much, or not, of the 'extras' you might require. At the Hilton, you can walk to the Spar at the Airport to get food; at the Premier Inn, you're pretty-much stuck with what you have, unless you plan ahead. WIFI at the Hilton costs more. The Hilton has mini-fridges, free transfers on-demand etc. So it is all about personal preferences. If you can get this place at a sale rate, then this will most definitely fit-the-bill - and funnily enough, being somewhat 'deatched' from the immediate Airport complex is actually quite a pleasant experience. If you're wondering whether you should go for the Travelodge or this place - go for here, without a doubt. The price differential is really worth it, believe me. It makes such a difference to stay at a 'budget' option which isn't a Travelodge, and doesn't operate to the really very rudimentary, basic and almost offensive standards of Travelodge. Staying at an airport hotel shouldn't - and doesn't have to be - an expensive trial. Book clever!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank Alec P
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed before a early flight.they get you a taxi costs 6 pounds.clean hotel .not far from airport .breakfast is served for a fee .but we got ours from airport because we got complimentry entry to servisair lounge .definately stay again in august but will go for breakfast as well.

• Stayed: August 2012