“Great before a flight”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #27 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“Great before a flight”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here the night before going to Cuba, the hotel is close enough to the airport that it takes 5 mins in a taxi (which you can ok through the hotel depending on flight times costs just £6) also there is not much noise from the airport either which was good.
The rooms are bigger than most premier inns so great for your cases. The usual choice of pillows is great in premier inn - great value for money for a pit stop.
We also ate in the restaurant - I would say to take advantage of the meal deal at check in, something we didn't do and wish we did. The food was good though, usual steak dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashleigh M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed after a late arrival to Manchester airport.
Location could not be better for the purpose intended.
Room was simple but very modern, new and clean.
Breakfast was adequate.
Would definitely use again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sisco T
West Yorks
Reviewed April 8, 2013

To my shame I had never stayed at a Premier Inn before, but from now on this will change!

I stayed with my husband, older daughter and her husband, and I recommended this hotel (going by TripAdvisor reviews) to my sister, husband and family who were flying out with us the next day to the Dominican Republic to attend my younger daughter's wedding. I also recommended this hotel to my daughter who was getting married in the Dominican Republic, they flew out a few days before us and stayed at the Premier Inn Runger Lane South too and they told us how good the hotel was, so we couldn't wait!

We arrived on a very cold and wintry day when the weather felt like Minus 13C. We were given our room key cards, we had booked 4 rooms between the 7 of us and all rooms were spacious, very modern, very comfortable and clean. Two were overlooking the motorway and two were overlooking the neighbouring Premier Inn. The only problem was we could hear the wind coming through the window vents. Contrary to a previous review saying the window vents cannot be closed, this is untrue, they can be closed, because my husband managed to close ours, I think he said the vents slide shut. But you only have to ask at Reception, they also had cards showing you how to operate the air conditioning system, not sure if they had information on how to close the window vents though? But as I said don't suffer just ask.

Because our room was very spacious, two double beds and room for a party (ha ha!) it took a lot of heating. My husband requested a blanket but they gave us an electric heater instead! This was fantastic, I felt so warm and cosy. I woke in the night at some point and felt a bit over warm so turned off the heater completely to save on their heating bills! I did not expect customer service of this standard at a hotel priced at just £19 a night!

We had pre-paid for an evening meal and breakfast the next day. We paid around £23 per person for a 3 course meal with drink and an all included breakfast next morning, exceptional value! We weren't expecting much considering the amount of money we paid, but we were wrong! There was a good choice of starters, mains and desserts available. My sister and I opted for the wine, this was delicious too. I chose the steak and it was cooked just as I had requested, medium. The only problem was there was so much of it! We all enjoyed our meals then we moved into the lounge and enjoyed drinks from the bar, all reasonably priced for an airport hotel.

We all slept well the beds were really comfortable, and the walk-in shower cubicles were amazing! You could sit on a seat and direct the shower head right at you if you wanted! There were plenty of fluffy towels available and shower gel/shampoo dispenser in the shower cubicle. There was also a dispenser right by the very large basin just outside the bathroom. I loved this arrangement! I hate pokey little bathrooms where one of you may be using the shower inside the bath, and one of you is brushing your teeth also in the bathroom and one of you may be using the toilet, all trying to get ready quickly. But with this arrangement you have more space for families to get ready quickly. There was a sliding door to the bathroom, this was so well designed I loved it! Of course the idea of the washbasin being outside the bathroom is very prominent in the USA and I think it's great! That's why I chose this hotel and not the newer one on the right-hand side with a small bathroom. There is a heated towel rail also so you keep lovely and warm when you come out of the shower. Also there was a very large mirror over the basin that doesn't "steam-up"!

There was also a flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, reading lamps, telephone, two chairs and plenty of space for cases.

Breakfast the next morning was fantastic, there was everything listed on the hotel's website and all of good quality. My sister and I requested porridge, mine with Soya milk, we were served up a big bowl of perfectly cooked steaming hot porridge, but we were so full after eating this we couldn't manage much more of the buffet! We all came out full and all said what a wonderful time we had had, and when using the airport again we would all definitely be back!

And from now on wherever I travel, I will always be looking for a Premier Inn first!

Room Tip: All rooms are very modern and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Had an early flight so stayed with my two sons for the night before. It was £35 and with a taxi to and from the rail station/ airport only £6 each trip was still great value. It is 5 mins in a cab. Room was clean practical and easy to check in to. Will use again and I recommend highly at this price!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jon b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

nice room, very clean and quiet. cost only few quids to get there via taxi from main train station at terminal 1 - the staff and food are amazing must try it. pillows coudl be firmer but hey, its cheap!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ManuelaV467
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here twice lately, once before a very early flight out from Manchester airport and once after a late flight in. What I will say firstly is that if you're coming to the airport by public transport, this hotel isn't really 'at the airport' - you get to catch a local bus to the Cargo Centre from Manchester airport, and hop of just before that. It's £1.30 for a single, which ok isn't that much but before I got to the hotel I was under the impression it was within walking distance from the airport. That aside, the hotel room was spacious and clean and the beds were super comfy. All rooms have TV, a hairdryer, coffee/tea making facilities, air con and wi-fi. Hotel staff were friendly and can arrange a shuttle bus to the airport for you if you're flight is at stupid o'clock in the morning or night (this costs £3pp). Considering the double room cost us £29 for the one night and £19 for the next, and the hotel is a short bus journey from the airport, it amazing value really!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cactuschild
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Whenever I need to book a hotel in England, I always book with Premier Inn. Their hotels are always clean and well kept. The staff at my most recent stay was very helpful when the heating in the room did not work. They immediately moved me to another room. I will continue to have Premier Inns as my first choice whenever I need a hotel stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jspang51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!