“Great place to stay. Excellent Value.”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I booked a family room for a one night stay before a flight from Machenster airport. Price was £34 and for what we got that represented absolutely excellent value. Honestly, I wonder how they make a profit! We arrived at around 8:30 in the evening (waylaid by an accident on the M6) and check in was pleasant. The receptionist was cheery and even though it was late still offered us the chance to book a table in the restaurant. We declined as we had a tired four year old in tow, but receptionist kindly offered us a menu for the local take away. As it happened we didn't need it as quick trip to room revitalised the little one and we came back down for a snack in the bar. The bar area was busy but service was polite and efficient. We ordered a platter to share which arrived without too much of a wait. Perfectly hit the spot at a reasonable price.
Room was very spacious and spotlessly clean with two double beds. With a little one a bath would have been welcome, instead of the shower and wash basin (I too find it strange that the washbasin is in the room) but to be honest for one night it didn't cause a problem. The beds are THE MOST COMFORTABLE I have ever slept in and had it not been for the waiting flight I'd have probably had a good lie in. And as for the pillows they are jsut the best. So much so, I pulled the cases off to see what make they were. Have now bought a set on my own bed!
Breakfast was great. Hubby had full english which was self serve but hot. I had the continental which was more than adequate with a good choice of fruit, pastries, cereal and toast. Tip: If like me, you're not one for a full english make sure you say as the charge for continental is slightly less. Otherwise, you end up getting charged for two full breakfasts. Breakfast for the little one free which is so welcome given that they wouldn't eat £9 worth of food!
On leaving we asked for directions to the airport. Receptionist gave us a back route short cut which was spot on. No need to get back on the motorway and terminal 2 two literally 10 minutes away.
Would we stay here again? ABSOLUTELY, even if we didn't quite get that bargain price. Only one thing that stops me from giving it five stars and that's the additional £5 charge for parking. Just a niggle but wouldn't stop me staying again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Alex_Cox_13, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

We're really proud of our standards, we really do work tirelessly on them.

Our Hypnos beds were brand new in August 2012; we replaced every bed in the whole hotel, a lot of hard work to organise but well worth doing.

Parking unfortunately is chargeable, however compared with other hotels on the airport we are much less expensive. I was charged £3 when I visited the one for a coffee only last week, I wouldn't mind but I was only there for 30 minutes…
…And as for our breakfast, I love them too; it’s hard to resist the temptation to tuck in when you see it every day and I’m currently training for 3 half marathons for our hotel charity Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Thanks Again for the fantastic review

Alex & Team

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here on a late return trip, good quick check in. Room a bit strange as the wash basin is in the room not in with shower and toilet. Room was fine clean and good for what i needed it for. Breakfast good. Taxi to airport £6. Will use this Premier in again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Alex & Team

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the night before flying out on holiday.
Receptionist was friendly and helpful on arrival and our room was lovely.
We had the meal deal which was great value and the food was beautiful! Thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the fish and chips and it just melted in the mouth.
Had a great sleep and experienced no noise from any planes.
Only thing that let the stay down was breakfast. our taxi to the airport was at 6.30 so we got down for 5.30. They weren't ready for service and the cooked items weren't all out til 5.50 so we had to wait. Which put us behind schedule, then the breakfast wasnt as nice as other premier inns. The scrambled egg was sitting in to much milk and was like 'crumbs'. The bacon was cold, the sausages hard, and the toaster was on so low it was still just bread when it came out.
Apart from that we had a nice stay and will stay again when we next go on holiday

• Stayed: February 2013
Alex_Cox_13, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Scarlett2833,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with us, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay; great feedback means the world to us.
I have fed back your review this morning with the breakfast team in our weekly review and all the team send there apologies for not being ready to serve at 5.30am, not a usual occurrence I assure you.

Thank you again for taking time to review your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Alex Cox
Operations Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nothing prepared me for how big this place was! I stay in Premier Inns a lot and usually on a much smaller scale - however, with an early flight from Manchester, this made a lot of sense.

The room was very large with the typical comfy bed and very, very clean.

The service at the front desk was fine if not particularly warm, however the staff had just finished dealing with a 'tricky' customer, so I suspect they were still reeling.

The restaurant, on the other hand, was hilarious - it took four attempts to get our drinks delivered and the staff totally vanished at times - despite being very pleasant, it began to feel a bit like a farce watching bemused staff wondering around with lonely looking pints of lager.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and I'd recommend it - only 5 mins drive from departures too.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near the lifts as slight noise from the coming and going. Get to breakfast early an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Alex_Cox_13, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with us.

My Team and I are always striving to deliver seamless service, especially in our restaurant. Unfortunately on this occasion the restaurant has come up short & I apologise sincerely for the comedy of errors. Once more, thank you for taking time to review your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Alex and Team

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Every time we go on holiday, we fly from Manchester and need to stopover the night before the flight. Year after year this hotel has proved itself to be consistently good in all areas. Peace of mind in that we know what to expect and are never disappointed.
Only gripe - for some reason my computer will not let me book on line ! However my husband's laptop is more accommodating and I am able to make the saving.
Keep up the good work Premier Inn !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very nice comfortable hotel for a one night stay pre flight. Rooms are clean, bright and comfortable, too comfortable, it's hard to get up in the morning n time for your flight!
Meals are exceptionally good value compared with other airport hotels I have stayed in. For supper I had fish and chips, the fish was huge, not overcooked and just enough chips to complement the fish, £8.99. They also do very good deals i.e 3 course meal in the evening and a full breakfast in the morning for £22. A good deal I thought.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for one night before leaving for Florida, and I was pleasantly surprised! I got a great deal on their website and paid only £19. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. There is parking available at £5 per night with plenty of spaces. My only gripe was their 'guaranteed good nights sleep' policy. The room above me sounded like a small herd of elephants had moved in, and outside my room was constant noise throughout the night, which did not come under the 'good nights sleep' policy! However, this was not the fault of the hotel, just the noisy residents. There is a shuttle bus that leave every 30 minutes and costs £3, which is reasonable. All in all, I would say this is a decent budget hotel for a stop over.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo