“Desent hotel for Shopping”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed July 5, 2010

A very desent hotel within Manchester City limits. Just 5 mins walk from Arndale Centre, and 10 min from Picadilly Gardens, Aflecks centre and Printworks.
All within walking distance from the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Very new, chic and modern hotel.
Quick check in.
Room medium sized with 2 twin raised beds, lots of pillows, bathroom with a bathtub and a shower, bathroom amenities, hair dryer etc. A big LCD screen with few local and UK channels. No international selection but with paid satellite on demand and pay movies.
No free wifi in room as advertised, and not sure if any free wifi in whole hotel. Wired internet cost 5 quid for 24hr connection.
Free bottled water and coffee making equipment, but only depending who will be servicing your room. Some days we wouldnt get even toilet paper. So take care on cleaning service.
In room safe, mini bar (automatically charging) iron with iron board, airconditioning, 2 telephones, and non opening windows overlooking the city. Overall desent and modern rooms keeping ichotels standards.
There is also room service until 11pm with fair prices.
Hotel gets full of aircrews so always busy. Has a bar and a restaurant, some conference facilities and a very well maintained and with state of the art equiment gym. It is available 24hr therefore I give a big positive on the hotel!
Breakfast is fair. Typically English with some cooked and some raw meats, eggs and cereals and coffee or tea. Very limited selection of bread though, sliced bread and some bread rolls. Could be really improved.
Overall happy and satisfied with the hotel. Specially with gym and location. And new modern facilities.
Unhappy because I wanted to rent a movie and I couldnt because I had to run downstairs to the reception so they could get pre-approval on my credit card so they could open the pay movies (did not like that). No free in room wifi as was advertised.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank TomasMousoulides
RobinFord70, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2010

Thank you for your recent review on www.tripadvisor.com with regards your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

I thank you for your thoughtful comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, if you would like to discuss your comments or experience further I welcome the opportunity on my contact details below.

robin.ford@cpmanchester.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,589)

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Stayed here a couple of times and you cannot beat the location. Great to have Printworks etc right at your doorstep. Hotel is aimed at the corporate market but does feel plush. Rooms are a bit small but you don't mind as the furnishings are cozy. Great views on the upper floors. Try to get upgraded to the 8th floor executive rooms with the private bar and breakfast room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
RobinFord70, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, our building design and concept is not for everyone and we take on board you comments about the “office building” style.

I thank you for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, if you would like to discuss your comments or experience further I welcome the opportunity on my contact details below.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

Room, breakfast, club lounge and staff all excellent

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review.

We are really happy to read such positive comments, i will ensure they are shared with our team at the hotel and once again thank you for your thoughtful comments.

If you would like to discuss your comments or experience further I welcome the opportunity on my contact details below.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2010

We have stayed here a number of times but have not written a review. I really love this hotel and it’s ideally located in Manchester with parking just over the road (10% off for hotel residents). We always try to get booked into the crowne plaza for its lovely rooms and perfect shopping location! Plus its 5 mins away from the MEN. We have only ever made breakfast once and it was fine by my standards.
Staff - Always helpful and friendly. Rooms - Clean, comfortable with amazingly comfy beds, great nights sleep.
Only flaw I have noticed recently is the price increase, but it is still cheaper than many of the top hotels in Manchester. Oh and the last two visits we have noticed wear holes in the bed linen from general wear and tear since it opened, please don’t let your standards slip Crowne Plaza!! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your for your recent review on our hotel.

I will ensure your comments are shared with the team throughout the hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

I have stayed here on a number of occasions, mainly due to it's location as it is convenient for the office I visit. I have stayed in a few of the other nicer hotels in Manchester but always prefer to return here.
The staff are always very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are very comfortable and always spotlessly clean. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on.
I recommend all my colleagues to stay in this hotel now, and because of this hotel I now only stay in IHG hotels when possible, and always the Crowne Plazas if one is near where I am working.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review.

It’s great to receive such comments and I will ensure they are shared with all departments throughout the hotel. Only last month we received an Insider Select Award from Expedia rating our hotel in the top 10 hotels within the UK; this really backs up comments like yours so we are very happy to receive such praise.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions – it is conveniently located with shops, restaurants, Shudehill tram stop giving easy acces to the railway stations and much of the rest of Manchester all within a 5-10 minute walk. Modern rooms with very comfortable beds, contemporary bathroom with an excellent shower and generally a pleasant stay. Try to stay on a higher floor to avoid the traffic noise that isn’t too intrusive but may disturb a light sleeper.. There are a few grumbles, although so far, not major to make me want to stay elsewhere. There is no car parking available at the hotel, although discounted rates are available at the NCP 100 yards down the road. Free wifi is now only available in the public areas and despite being a Platinum member I have never been able to use the club room as offered as it is always fully booked. Breakfast isn’t anything special for this standard of hotel – the usual fare, cheap orange juice, and microwaved vegetarian sausages and pleasant but slow service for the stewed tea (not even from an individual pot).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
RobinFord70, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Thank you for your recent comments on www.tripadvisor.com regarding Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, we appreciate you taking the time to make people aware of experience during your various stays.

I will discuss your comments with our Executive Chef and Restaurant & Bar Manager, we had previously encountered some problems around breakfast but this was all corrected some months ago.

I note your comments around the Vegetarian sausages, these are in fact not cooked in the microwave but I will address accordingly none the less as your perception is certainly that the quality was not acceptable.

If you would like to discuss any part of your experience further I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you personally, please do not hesitate to contact me on my details below.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2010

I visited the Crowne Plaza with my partner on an overnight trip to see Jay-z. All i can say about this hotel is that it is one of the best hotels in the UK!
When we arrived, check in was speedy and we were in our room immediately. As you walk in (we had a standard double room), it is amazing. The room is well decorated, very spacious, the bed was very very comfy and the bathroom was impeccable. The was also a safe, ironing board and a mini bar in the room. The air con worked fine, we had floor to ceiling windows and although we were on the room facing the main road, you couldnt hear the traffic.
In the morning, we had breakfast as it was included in the price of the room and the food was lovely. A choice of a hot full english, cereal, fruit, personal orders (which cost more) and lots of different types of drinks.
If you are looking for a hotel for an event at the MEN arena, i would highly recommend it as it is a 5 min walk away and practically next to the arndale centre.
Overall, the best stay i have experieced in the UK and i will definitely be returning to many crowne plaza's !!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre a leader in excellence.

We have also just received an Insider Select Award from Expedia rating our hotel in the top 10 hotels within the UK; we were also the only hotel in Manchester City Centre to be awarded.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, if you would like to discuss your comments or experience further I welcome the opportunity on my contact details below.