“Fab room fab location”

Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Fab room fab location”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

2 night stay with friends. Fab 2 min walk to arndale...brilliant cafe north next door for breakie lunch booze coffee etc.... Go to spa satori behind hotel for brilliant relaxing facial or massage. Great value. Overall. 100% for our stay Will be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoy the facilities in and around the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

Bob Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was really, really disappointed with this, my first and last stay at this hotel. I paid £149 for one night, room only - for two guests - via Booking.com. I declined breakfast at nearly £15 per head & internet at £10 per device. Car parking nearby - across a busy road, was nearly £10 for 24 hours. The room was the gloomiest I have ever encountered. A lot of matt black had been used in the decor with a grey and black carpet - which would have been fine if the lighting or natural light was sufficient to cope with this. It wasn't. I had to tip the contents of my handbag out onto the bed twice in order to find something as there was insufficient room light even with every electric light switched on and the bathroom door left open. The bathroom was the biggest disappointment and what made the room, for me, unacceptable at this price. We checked in shortly after 2pm - earliest check in time - and having taken our cases up to the 5th floor, immediately asked if we could change rooms - the receptionist (they vary a lot between unsmiling and no-eye contact, to helpful but not really helping) - said no, there were no other rooms available. I really object to being allocated a disabled room / bathroom - especially as on the Booking.com website you can choose one and presumably if you do not tick this box you would expect, at this price, not to be allocated one). Everything is geared for the disabled which is fantastic if you do fall into this category - and as a senior nurse I am very supportive of every location and venue having good disabled facilities and access - but I am not disabled, so having to lie almost prone on the floor to access the safe, finding the hairdryer cord too short to dry my hair unless I sat down was irritating and the bathroom was just unsafe - with water all over the floor as it is more of a wet room- as soon as the first person has had a shower - so we ended up with all our towels on the floor to walk on. Oh, and not really helpful to supply bath gel instead of shower gel when there is no bath. One request I did make was for a quiet room - but being a disabled room it was right next to the lift shaft, so the drone of lifts going up and down all night as folk made their way back after a good night out was irritating. The pillows were also really uncomfortable. I could go on but risk boring readers. I have not felt so unhappy with a hotel for a long time. TOP TIP try breakfast right next door at Cafe North - good coffee and breakfast menus at a fraction of the price of the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

I am saddened to read your review and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive visit on this occasion.

We receive a lot of complimentary comments regarding our friendly and helpful team members and I am disappointed to learn that on your visit that you did not experience their service and I sincerely apologise for this.
I am sorry you did not find the room to your liking and I would like to welcome the opportunity to turn this around and discuss your experience in further detail. Please could you kindly contact us at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.

I can assure you that you have not experienced our ordinarily high standards of service and I do hope that you have a change of heart and that you are able to visit us once again

Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Overall this hotel is nice, however my mum and I are on the seventh floor. Nice view but horrific noise!! I've just been down to ask what is above us in room 727, two double bed room, and it's the Club Lounge... So for the last 3.5 hours we've listened to chairs being dragged across wood flooring and high heels walking across it... If you're on the seventh floor and want an early night (it shuts at 10pm), ask for another floor....

Otherwise it's location is fantastic, food was great and I will stay again! Just not on the seventh floor!!!

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for all of your very kind comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate. I am sorry you were disturbed by the noise above your bedroom. Any inconvenience is most regrettable. I will ensure our maintenance team is made aware of this and they will look into measures to prevent the noise. I do hope you will revisit us again soon as you mentioned and would like to take this opportunity to give you our guest relations email and they will ensure your next stay is as comfortable as possible.

Please send your details to guest.relations@cpmanchester.com

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a very good hotel near to one of Manchester's main shopping centres. While the area around is run down and there are too many car parks this hotel is very close and convenient to a shopping centre.
The rooms are spacious clean and airy.
The staff are very good and helpful. I forgot my cufflinks and one of the staff brought a pair of his own in to lend me - service over and above.
The bar and restaurant are good if a little functional. The food is good and good value.
It is good value and if you need to be in this area of Manchester the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I am most pleased that our staff went above and beyond and offered to lend their own cufflinks to you. Your kind comments will be shared with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
Holbeach, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on various occasions for work and is a professional but friendly place where every need is catered for and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The city centre is at your doorstep so easily accessible for someone even like me who can't walk too much. And when I was there near Christmas they sent me a lovely Christmas card!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lisa

Thank you very for sharing your comments, I am delighted you have continued to stay with us and hope you continue to do so whether its for work or leisure. Your kind comments have been shared with the team and we hope you can stay this Christmas as well, please can you make contact to guest.relations@cpmanchester.com if you are planning on visiting us again soon.

Thank you once again and Merry Christmas!
Reviewed November 27, 2013

New hotel near the hear of Manchester where I spent one night for business. Hotel is clean, modern/trendy styled but does not give a warm feeling overall. The bedroom has got it, bed is truly good and one of the best I spent a night on this year. The breakfast for this level of hotel was not impressive at all, I had superior first of the day meals in lesser rated properties. Not much of a choice and truly standard. Considering hotel pricing it would deserve a step to impress me. Furthermore, but I am truly anti, I did not like the Starbucks onsite for getting your coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com; it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve. I was saddened to read your comments about the ambiance and I am sorry the breakfast experience did not meet up to your standards. Please rest assure your comments are important to us and I have shared them with the management team to discuss and use to improve the guest experience. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the bedrooms and I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of our beds.

Thank you once again and I do appreciate that you have alternative preferences within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.
Kind Regards,
General Manager – Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed for 1 night to visit Christmas market. Easy to find with a great central location, booking in was so easy and staff so helpfull. Are room on the first floor was spotless,modern and very comfortable. Good size bath separate shower, great toiletries and large fluffy towels. The bed was the best I have ever slept in, full size mirrors, nice tea tray. Comfortable chair and stool a bonus. The dining room bright airy and very clean, attentive friendly staff and a great choice for breakfast. Top quality food and drinks. W e all enjoyed our stay and will be back next year. Well done and a merry Christmas to all at the Crowne Plaza.
John T

Room Tip: Many sites for this hotel found Booking.com at £102 per couple including breakfast a great deal