“Lovely Location”

Ranked #16 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Lovely Location”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was in a business trip, nice business hotel with a walking distance to Arandle Mall. Also, next to open boutiques. Rooms are clean with very warm housekeeping staff. However, reception staff was unprofessional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

I was very concerned to read your comment regarding the reception staff, as is not a reflection of the service we pride ourselves on delivering. Therefore I am most keen to discuss your feedback in more detail. I would be very grateful if you could contact the hotel directly at your own convenience by emailling guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Bob Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kinver, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while our company attended an exhibition at the Manchester Central Convention Centre.
The staff were very helpful, breakfasts buffet was good, restaurant got very busy after 8am, room was well appointed. Disappointed to find there was no on-site carparking, although the valet parking was excellent.
Would definitely use ths hotel again, but would chose hotel nearer the convention centre for convenience if attending for conventions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for completing this review following your business trip to Manchester.
I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Best wishes
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here on Monday the 19th with my daughter. The hotel itself is lovely and clean staff are pleasant. The twin room was lovely beds very comfy but no bath robe or slippers were there. We thought the room we had was nice dont know about other floors We would stay here again but hope fully there will be bath robes and slippers there on next visit. Was dissapointed we had none The meals were quite reasonable but the breakfast a bit expensive considering it was a cold one and it was £8. Just down the block there was a cafe which did a full english for £4 so we opted for that which we thought was very good and it was really hot. This hotel would of got excellent if there had of been a hot breakfast after all it is winter who wants a cold breakfast this weather and had there been bath robes and slippers there like advertised that would have made a difference . The hotel was central for the train so that was good just a short walk for us As for the swimming pool and spa we did not know about this did not see any signs for a pool or spa.

Room Tip: dont know about that
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our standards. Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback.

The Glasshouse Restaurant provides an extensive hot and cold breakfast buffet every morning and many hot breakfast choices are available on our room service menu also.

With regards to spa and swimming facitilies, the hotel does not have a swimming pool nevertheless we do have a gym which is open 24hours a day to guests.

I am very sorry that bathrobes and slippers were missing from your room.I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future to give us the opportunity to impress you on all accounts.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice Location,Walking distance to the City Mall(Arndale),Neat rooms,Polite staff,Lovely English buffet breakfast,Nice lounge area on the ground floor.The Plus side is the service.I like when one wants a room cleaned up or meals ordered arrive when they say it will,it shows the hotel knows what they are.their room movie selection(paid for of course) gratefully were decently current.The downside was the WiFi not been available/ free in the rooms unless you come down to the reception/Lounge area.The view from the room is fab and lovely at night .This City has a great football following (United and City are home here),Culturally,Manchester is a melting pot of people and ideas..I like the fact that the hotel is so easy to locate no matter what direction one comes from getting into Manchester. Next time i stay in Manchester for a couple of days on business or leisure,i would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christophernd
Warmest Greetings from Manchester

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in our great city and you had a pleasant experience in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you visit Manchester in the future.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an excellent hotel - helpful staff, great location next to the Northern Quarter with easy access to pubs. bars and places to eat. The room are well appointed, clear and well with the money. The hotel doesn't have a car park but the open air car park opposite is good value - better than the multi storey car park.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JMO-QMO
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you visit Manchester in the future.

Cheshire uk
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is a great stop for anyone who wants central manchester, it is right next to the printworks and a 15 minute walk from the train station.

It is very modern and looks exactly like the pictures! We had a room which overlooked manchester with floor to ceiling windows its amazing!

We opted for breakfast the next morning and were glad we did, it was delicious and there was a buffet so lots to choose from whether cooked food or continental, you could also opt to have breakfast within your room.

When i booked this room i was originally on a low floor but when we got there they had checked us in to the top floor which provided great views.

All the staff are very friendly and willing to help if needed.

Overall great hotel and newly renevated to very modern also have the comfiest beds i may have ever slept in!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren E
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester. It is lovely to read that you enjoy your stay at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Nottingham

Warning

I stayed at the hotel on the 13th November during a business trip. I paid for the valet service parking as I normally do at most hotels.

When I left the following morning I could hear a flapping noise coming from the front end of my car, I thought this could have been some newspaper stuck under the car.

When I arrived at my destination in Derby I saw that the issue was a 6-7 inch scrape on my alloy, and a flap of tyre, which was hanging loose. I reported the damage to the hotel and send an image. After many calls to various members of staff at this hotel, I am told by the general manager that they will not accept liability, and if I want to I can get in contact with the hotels insurers. I received verbal communication from two members of staff at the hotel, one stated that when he drove my car to the car park my car drove fine, the one who brought my car back to the hotel stated " the car did not feel right" but still the manager will not accept liability. This has left me very angry that I could entrust this hotel with the safe keeping of my car, after all this was an add on sevice at a cost. It has now left me with damage that will cost over £1000.00 to rectify. All in all a very expensive vist to the Crown Plaza Manchester.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GlennHazlett
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear GlennHazlett,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C