“Crowne Plaza,Manchester Ctiy”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice Location,Walking distance to the City Mall(Arndale),Neat rooms,Polite staff,Lovely English buffet breakfast,Nice lounge area on the ground floor.The Plus side is the service.I like when one wants a room cleaned up or meals ordered arrive when they say it will,it shows the hotel knows what they are.their room movie selection(paid for of course) gratefully were decently current.The downside was the WiFi not been available/ free in the rooms unless you come down to the reception/Lounge area.The view from the room is fab and lovely at night .This City has a great football following (United and City are home here),Culturally,Manchester is a melting pot of people and ideas..I like the fact that the hotel is so easy to locate no matter what direction one comes from getting into Manchester. Next time i stay in Manchester for a couple of days on business or leisure,i would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christophernd
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Warmest Greetings from Manchester

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in our great city and you had a pleasant experience in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back should you visit Manchester in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an excellent hotel - helpful staff, great location next to the Northern Quarter with easy access to pubs. bars and places to eat. The room are well appointed, clear and well with the money. The hotel doesn't have a car park but the open air car park opposite is good value - better than the multi storey car park.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMO-QMO

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you visit Manchester in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is a great stop for anyone who wants central manchester, it is right next to the printworks and a 15 minute walk from the train station.

It is very modern and looks exactly like the pictures! We had a room which overlooked manchester with floor to ceiling windows its amazing!

We opted for breakfast the next morning and were glad we did, it was delicious and there was a buffet so lots to choose from whether cooked food or continental, you could also opt to have breakfast within your room.

When i booked this room i was originally on a low floor but when we got there they had checked us in to the top floor which provided great views.

All the staff are very friendly and willing to help if needed.

Overall great hotel and newly renevated to very modern also have the comfiest beds i may have ever slept in!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren E

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester. It is lovely to read that you enjoy your stay at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warning

I stayed at the hotel on the 13th November during a business trip. I paid for the valet service parking as I normally do at most hotels.

When I left the following morning I could hear a flapping noise coming from the front end of my car, I thought this could have been some newspaper stuck under the car.

When I arrived at my destination in Derby I saw that the issue was a 6-7 inch scrape on my alloy, and a flap of tyre, which was hanging loose. I reported the damage to the hotel and send an image. After many calls to various members of staff at this hotel, I am told by the general manager that they will not accept liability, and if I want to I can get in contact with the hotels insurers. I received verbal communication from two members of staff at the hotel, one stated that when he drove my car to the car park my car drove fine, the one who brought my car back to the hotel stated " the car did not feel right" but still the manager will not accept liability. This has left me very angry that I could entrust this hotel with the safe keeping of my car, after all this was an add on sevice at a cost. It has now left me with damage that will cost over £1000.00 to rectify. All in all a very expensive vist to the Crown Plaza Manchester.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GlennHazlett
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear GlennHazlett,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I'd happily recommend this hotel for all the usual stuff like cleanliness, location, standard of room, facilities etc., etc.
However, at this level and price point wi-fi should be standard in the rooms. We are in 2012 !! There are many lower-end chains which provide this - why not Crowne Plaza ?

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank GarethBlues

Thank you very much for your reveiw.

With regards to the internet services, we are very grateful for any feedback which can help us improve upon the service we provide. Currently complementary wireless internet is available in the public areas of the hotel whilst the internet connection in the bedrooms is hard-wired. The cable access in the bedrooms is available in two options, the first is a free connection and the other is a premium connection and is chargeable at £7.50 per day. Neverthess we do hope to provide wi-fi throughout the hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Booked this hotel through Booking.com for £125.00 for Sat 17th Nov. What a great choice. Arrived with my 'young at heart' but elderly mother and were greeted by a friendly gentleman on reception. Our booking did not promise us a twin room and when I had checked the previous evening with reservations they advised we had a double room. The gentleman on reception immediately sized up the situation and was looking for a twin room for us before I had chance to ask again. Twin room located we were dispatched to a room on the first floor (great for my elderly mum, as could take the lift or just a very short walk on the stairs in case of emergency!). We were very impressed with our room, two double beds beautifully presented, modern decor, the usual tea/coffee tray, ironing board and iron, large flat screen tv, internet point etc. Bathroom very nice with a separate shower cubicle, very clean. Only two very minor issues, one being the lighting in the room which was provided by small angled wall lights which were not sufficient if you like a bright room for doing your make up/reading etc - but very subdued for those romantic moments! The other minor issue was the toilet flush which you needed a bit of strength to push. These minor issues were only highlighted because of my elderly mother and should in no way detract from the overall great experience we had at this hotel. Our room rate included breakfast which was served in very nice surroundings. We were met by a very friendly waitress and directed to a table. The breakfast buffet was excellent and everything was kept well stocked. Waitresses served tea and coffee at the table and were constantly clearing away tables as soon as they became vacant and re-setting. (if you dont have breakfast included there is a very nice looking cafe/bar next door to the hotel serving breakfast/brunch etc). Check out was done by a friendly lady who asked how we had enjoyed our stay and took time to chat with us as the desk was quiet. Hotel is a five minute walk from Vistoria Station and a five minute walk from the main shopping areas. A lovely experience and would recommend to friends and family visiting Manchester

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am so pleased that we were able to accomodate you and your mothers requirements.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

A great hotel, with comfortable rooms, great value, helpful and efficient staff and a lovely breakfast. The best thing about it is the location, tripping distance to the Arndale centre and The Northern Quarter

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing this review following your stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for your needs.

We hope to welcome you back soon.