Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
  • Free Internet
Abel Heywood(Manchester)
  • Pool
2,677 results
All reviewsthe club loungenorthern quartercity centrebooked a club roommen arenabath and separate showertwo double bedsprint worksfloor to ceiling windowscar parkcontinental breakfastlovely hotelbars and restaurantsvictoria stationstandard roomfew minutes walkmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Room 123 - First floor, wide corridor outside the room. Sleep quality was great thanks to 2 x comfortable beds, good blackout curtains and no noise from the corridor or outside.

Tea and coffee facilities, good wardrobs, safe in the room for valuables.

Bathroom is very nice too - only I had to run hot water only to get a warmish bath, and only 1 large towel for two people?

Black and white there in the room splashes of red.
Temperature control in the bedroom was excellent too.

Location was super for me, will suit most people who need the Center, Arndale, etc.
Breakfast - in the cafe over the road, good value, good food - sorry hotel, but its better value over the road.
Hotel staff were very good, friendly and efficient.
Overall, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.

I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to appreciate the contemporary design of the hotel.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

We have recently stayed in the Manchester Hilton and Marriott as well as in the Crowne Plaza. Because of its Tripadvisor rating, we expected the Crowne Plaza to be the best of the three, but it was the worst. The good points were the bathroom (especially the shower), the bed and the valet parking. However, we had issues with both the room and the food. The room was too small, and too dark because of having a small window and inadequate lighting. The housekeeping was hit and miss in that we were only given one bathrobe, one pair of slippers and one hand towel for two people. We were surprised there was no information in the room on the facilities in the hotel. The breakfast was basic and the quality and variety was less than we would expect from a Crowne Plaza, and was definitely inferior to that in the Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn99

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate in assisting us with areas we needs to target to improve on. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion as I do appreciate that you have alternative preference within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed for three nights in November 2011 when doing some work at the MEN Arena. The hotel is only steps away from the Arndale Centre and the centre of the city. The rooms have a great quality feel to them and are stylishly decorated. The curtains are thick and black the room out perfectly. The temperature control is responsive and simple. The bathroom has a separate bath and shower cubicle which I really liked as some mobility issues can make it a challenge to climb over a bath side when I am stiff first thing in the morning.

There isn't parking at the hotel but the Printworks NCP car park is virtually opposite. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment on that but everything else was exactly how I needed and wanted it, hence the full five out of five.

Being in the priority club got me free internet which was a bonus.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank FoxyWM
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your resent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for you kind comments, these are greatly appreciated we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel plans permit.
Best wishes

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for one night only as we were going to an event at the MEN arena. The hotel is really well located, short walk from Victoria Station and the arena and equally 5-10 minutes to the main shopping area of Manchester city centre.
The room we had was modern and a decent size with all the usual amenities although we were missing slippers which others in our party had. There was a safe, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee and a mini bar.
The hotel bar served food which looked quite good value although we didn't sample it and drinks were reasonably priced for a city centre hotel.
The breakfast was the only meal we had and was excellent, good selection of hot and cold food and well cooked.
Overall we enjoyed our short stay and would not hesitate to book this hotel again if staying in Manchester city centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LP_WestYorks_UK

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed for 1 night, the hotel is new and good decor and beds as you would expect. I stay in a lot of hotels, many in this chain and it is certainly one of the better ones and would chose it again next time.

My only issue was after arriving back at the hotel about 10:30pm, the bar was so slow and very indeed staffed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drbex999

We appreciate the opportunity to improve the service we provide and the candid comments provided from all our guests. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best wishes