“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Ireland
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for three nights and would highly recommend staying here. The hotel is ideal for business travellers and is very central. Rooms are of a high spec, modern and clean. The beds are the most comfortable I've slept in for a long time!! The staff were friendly and helpful.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel on my next business trip to Manchester.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Muireann N
CrownePlazaManCity, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments towards our hotel and staff. I will pass on your great comments accordingly. We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your business trip plans bring you to the city.

Bob Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

Don't let the worn area this hotel is located in put you off, it s only a short walk to the Triangle area of the city and it's upmarket shops. Great welcome from reception staff and allocated as requested, a quiet room, which I considered a must given the hen parties gathering in reception.

Big bar area that lacked atmosphere. Breakfast was a feeding frenzy the next morning. I think the club floor maybe the best option as suggested by other reviewers.

As a new hotel, with a reasonable rate, not a bad option for the city centre.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank OleDunk
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion as I do appreciate that you have alternative preference within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel as fairly close to the MEN arena. We often stay in Crowne Plazas and we were pleasantly surprised that this one actually had great rooms that were contemporary and a little different than the norm with good facilities. stayed in a Club room and actually had view of surrounding countryside as well as the city! The club lounge was a peaceful haven and a nice touch to have evening drinks and canapes. The continental breakfast provided was extensive and renewed often. Staff throughout the hotel were helpful and courteous. The position of the hotel was excellent and an easy walk to the tram and city centre. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Club floor- rooms at front offer great views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our high standards. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Club Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

Spent one night here to see a gig at the Academy, there were two of us in a Club Room on the ever so quiet fourth floor. Check in was seamless, Platinum membership was recognised, even though the discount on the facilities was not used.
The room was immaculate, a twin double room and good sized TV, functional and a well provisioned bathroom if a bit small but a good seperate shower, beds were very comfortable. We spent the next 5 minutes counting the tower cranes visible from the floor to ceiling windows (not chosen for the view) then into the lounge for a drink.
The Club lounge is, as expected on a seperate floor and the young lady on duty was pleasant and friendly. A well stocked bar and some nibbles before hitting the town was in order, watching some TV and wishing that mobile phones were banned. Plenty of literature for a read if that is your bag. I would recommend that if you want a larger breakfast go to the restaurant, it is a bit of a toast and do one affair. Coffee machine good though.
All in all a good stay and will use again when I have friends over to go rocking in the free world. One last thing, being the numpty I am I left the phone charger in the room and had to return, they located it for me within 10 minutes. Good stuff.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaManc, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards..I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

SS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

We wanted to visit the holy grail of EPL football so we stopped in at Manchester on our way to London. Initially I was trying to find a hotel near Old Trafford but once I realized how far it was from the city, we changed our location. Crowne Plaza was selected because they could accommodate the number of our party. The bonus was access to the lounge area for breakfast and snacks in the evening. The view from the 10th floor lounge provided a view of the old and the new in Manchester. We were able to see the Manchester version of the Millenium Wheel. The room was roomy and spacious. The towels were plush and soft, the in-room safe a nice touch. In addition to the kettle for making tea or coffee, cookies were provided to make a nice before bedtime snack. The staff were very professional, polite and accommodating. When we asked for directions in getting around to the various sites, they provided us with detailed directions on how to get there. Many fine restaurants and shops were within easy walking distance from the hotel. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived in Manchester but I think I will return one day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank benlanie

Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I have been working in Manchester for a few days a week for some time now. But this is the first time I have stayed at this hotel - but it won't be the last. The hotel looks brand new - I understand it is about 3 years old - but it is immaculate. I though the rooms were fantastic. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how good dinner was as I lay on the bed as soon as I got in after a hard days work and immediately fell asleep. I am normally a really bad sleeper but these really are comfy beds. I was however ready for breakfast in the morning - and I wasn't disappointed - it fas fantastic. As many have mentioned here the staff really are fantastic - nothing seems too much trouble for them. The fact that the manager seems to take time to reply to most of the Tripadvisor posts shows that he really cares about his hotel - and that filters through to the staff who also care about their hotel. I liked it so much that not only will this now be my hotel of preference for trips to Manchester - I am also planning on taking my family down for the weekend too.

Well done guys - you have impressed me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Thessaloniki,Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

First of all,the location is perfect! Also,the room is very clean,quiet and comfortable! Finally and very important is the hotel's staff! They are all polite and ready to help you! I felt safe in this hotel and i hope to have the opportunity to stay again!

Room Tip: standard double or twin room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends