“Presidential Suite - The Best Room we have stayed in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Wirral
“Presidential Suite - The Best Room we have stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

I mentioned to the hotel that it was my husbands 40th birthday and to our surprise when we arrived we had been upgraded to the Presidentail Suite from the Junior Suite I had originally booked. 'Wow' what an amazing room! The only complaint was the price of the Parking in the adjacent Printworks. It was £15.20 for an overnight stay! Not sure if there are any cheaper car parks near by but we will definalty be going back!

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.

I am thrilled that you and your husband had a great stay with us and that you were able to appreciate the Presidential Suite.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Bob Fairweather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

Booked the Crown Plaza for myself and my boyfriend for 1 night stay on the 19th June when we went to watch The Kings of Leon in Manchester. Being a travel agent I am very picky and read lots of reviews before choosing a hotel and what an excellent choice I made for us. The hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Manchester within walking distance to the Printworks, Arndale and MEN arena. Although our concert was at the cricket ground the metro station is located 2 minutes walk from the hotel and after a 15minute journey we arrived at the ground so it was really handy.
We were very lucky to get upgraded to a club executive suite on the top floor with fab views of Manchester through large floor to ceiling windows.
The room was of a good size and absolutely spotless! So clean and smart with everything you need from flat screen TV, hairdryer, iron and board, bath, shower, robes and slippers. As for the bed, well, all I can say is that I did not want to get up the next day, so comfortable and snug, I had one of the best nights sleep I have ever had!
All in all, we were more than impressed with the Crown Plaza, the pleasant and welcoming staff and the cleanliness and comfort of our room and I wouldn't even think to choose any other hotel other than this next time we visit Manchester. Just wonderful :-) x

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Rooms were spacious,nicely decorated, clean, lovely large bathroom. The hotel is walking distance from the station and walking distance to the centre and electric press, well placed, great location. Check in was excellent, friendly helpful staff, quick and efficient . Breakfast was good very busy on the morning due to a concert but the female staff member seating guests was apologetic continually smiling and put everyone at ease, check out also efficient. Staff went the extra mile with service. Our stay was faultless and would fully recommend it. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards..I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Spent a night there and really enjoyed the room. The beds are really comfortable, if not a little soft: but just right for me.
Love the decor' and it was really quiet.
the view from the room was of a building site, but never noticed this until i had a look out the window.
The staff were very good and thoughtful so i shall be visiting this hotel again.
Thanks to the staff for a really good experience that i intend to revisit.

Room Tip: No tips, i was in the back on the 6th floor thou
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Verona, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed here one night at the end of a week-long trip through the UK, and there were a lot of pluses and minuses. Plus -- great bed, large bathroom, nice front-desk staff, reasonable price. Minus -- no parking, tough to find, cramped shower stall, the room was not bright enough. However, on the whole it was fine for the one night I was there, and if you like being in the heart of the city, it was fine. I did not have a chance to check out the bar or restaurant so I have no opinion on those, but I can add that if you are a Priority Club member, there was free internet (cabled, not wireless).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion as I do appreciate that you have alternative preference within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

The Crowne Plaza Is one of the most extraordinary hotels I have ever stayed in. The ground floor has a good, bright bar (great service in here!) but the upstairs decor is how I imagine a New York bachelor pan looked circa 1987. Long, black/grey corridors lit only by red and green spotlights lead to smallish rooms in which smoked glass plays a prominent role. Just as you think that you are in a timewarp or bad detective drama, check out the bathroom which is white, glistening and modern. Truly a Franken hotel...

Manchester in a City in transition and the hotel is excellently located for the cafes, renovated warehouses and vintage shops of the Northern Quarter. The concierges are bright and knowledgeable. Strangely, there seems to be a disconnect between shifts as requests made with day staff (e.g. "please can you send this bag to my room?) are not carried out and evening staff claim no knowledge of them. I know that I was not alone in experiencing this as the hotel only has Wifi on the ground floor and I was obliged to spend a happy hour checking e-mails and listening to complaints from other guests.

So what makes this hotel worthwhile? The beds.... The beds.... The beds.... Marshmallow like pillows and mattresses which support yet cocoon. Heaven. You can almost forgive the hideous and fluffy dark grey carpet and forget the fact that you can barely see when you wake up from a perfect night's sleep. For a business hotel, isn't this one of the most important criteria?

So, I can't decide... Zero service, yes... Weird decor, yes... Poor IT infrastructure, yes... But, oh, the beds!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Everydayanadventure
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

Spotlessly clean, impeccable decor, extremely comfy bed(!!). Very good value for money.

My Fiancee and I were in town to attend an evening of Hallowe'en Rock n Roll with Rock Radio Manchester at 'The Ritz', and managed to get a room here. VERY glad we stayed here, and not the other place we'd booked and had to cancel due to the bad reviews on trip advisor (They CAN influence choice, so do be honest, and give praise where it's due..)

Marvellous!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your kind feedback. I am delighted to hear that you and your fiancee enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.