“Excellent, but getting pricey”
Review of Gio's Ristorante

Gio's Ristorante
Ranked #296 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

As usual my husband and I book a table at Gio's whenever we attend Bridgewater Hall for a concert. We always have the pre-concert menu, 2 courses as our time is limited. Over the years I have noticed the price of this limited menu rise, and rise again. Having said that the food is good and service excellent. The restaurant has just been refurbished and looks good with a great atmosphere. Will definitely go again, when next in Manchester but will look at the normal menu and perhaps just order a main meal which might makes it better value.

2  Thank Jan T
There are newer reviews for Gio's Ristorante

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Good food and excellent service but then there where only a few people dining which was surprising considering it was a Friday night. A little pricy but all round very good evening.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visited this place as a party of 7 prior to seeing West Side Story at The Palace Theatre on Saturday 4th January.

We had not booked but had no problem getting a table at around 12 noon though the restaurant got pretty full by time we left at 1.45pm.

Service was excellent. A man and woman, both late 20's, were main servers and were superb. Quick, efficient and friendly.

Food was generally good. I was slightly disappointed with my meatball starter which lacked a little depth of flavour and my dad's mussels looked poor and he commented they were overcooked. Main courses were generally better with a good lasagne, canneloni and calzone pizza amongst the choices.

Can't comment on value as don;t know what final bill was but average of £6 for starters and c. £10-15 for mains felt pretty fair for what we got and would certainly return in future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had a very authentic Italian meal last night in this restaurant, in fact the tastes were as good as my last visit to Italy , its a well ran place and not overpriced for the standard of the food, my son aged 14 described his pasta as the best he had had since we visited Italy on holiday

Well done to all the staff and it was great to get out of the pouring rain having returned from old Trafford into a really nice Italian atmosphere !

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Ate here last night 2/1/14. The food was good but they brought the wrong starter for my partner. I thought it was expensive for the food provided and they added a 10% optional service charge to the bill which I refused to pay due to the incorrect starter. The owners should go to The Olive Garden at Standish near Wigan to see how a proper Italian restaurant should be run

1  Thank Harry F