“great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Simple Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #446 of 2,185 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Simple Bar & Kitchen; serving up the perfect mix of delicious cocktails and fantastic food in a relaxed atmosphere since 2001.
“great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

this was my first visit and it won't be my last,staff were very good,helpful and friendly. happy hour on the cocktails,which was a bonus!nice décor. the only snag was that my dessert choice wasn't available.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
House of A, General Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello

Thank you for your review and your kind words about the staff. Very sorry your dessert choice wasn't available! Pop back again and I'm sure it will be..

Many thanks

Roxy

“Simply spoilt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Gutted as been to simple loads over the years and always enjoyed it. Not been fir awhile And won't return. All 4 of us found the food sub standard. Dry tasteless burger on dry bun, shop bought fish fingers, tough roll on veggie sandwich, dreadful dead side. salads. Disappointed. Lovely staff as always. Sort the kitchen out

Hello

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at Simple.

Your comments have been passed along to the kitchen, and are being taken very seriously.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we are very committed to providing a high standard to all our customers, very sorry they seemed to have slipped on your visit.

Hopefully you will come back to give us another go, as you know from previous experiences this is not how we usually operate.

Many Thanks

Roxy

“Simply not very good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Visited for Fathers Day 15th June 2014 with my wife and two children taking advantage of the free ale offer but was a wary from the start as we found out we were the only booking for that offer. The place was almost empty there was only two other tables taken inside and same again outside. We were shown to our sticky, wobbly table and left to our own devices. After about ten minutes we decided to move to another table as none of the staff seemed to be interested when trying to get their attention. Once we moved tables and after another wait we managed to corner one of the staff to make our drinks order, when we asked about the free drink for dads offer we got a blank look and were told there was no offer on, he said he would double check and on returning from the bar said there was an offer and do we want a bottle of ale. We decided to go elsewhere for our meal the service wasn't up to much after waiting for them to take a drinks order for about ten minutes in an empty restaurant and the server seemed as though he wanted to be anywhere else but there. It’s a shame I can't comment on the food as we didn't get that far, my wife and I have been there before a few years ago and it was very nice so I don’t know if it's changed hands or just gone down hill through apathy. It could of been an off day but i wouldn't recommend this palce for a meal or drink.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bradlie H, Public Relations Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thanks for your review Steven.

I apologise for your bad experience on your visit to Simple, this is certainly not the standard of service we aim to give.

I'm also sorry for the confusion about the Free Ale Promotion we had on, we had many customers on the day asking for more than the 2 bottle allowance therefore I imagine the staff members confusion came from the amount of stock left.

Simple was fully booked between 1 and 4pm on Fathers Day so I'm presuming your visit was shortly after, explaining but certainly not excusing the unclean table. We allow customers to sit wherever they wish at Simple, therefore there are unfortunately rare occasions where a table is missed after a busy period.

Feel free to head back to Simple soon to give us another try, I hope you will have a different experience on your next visit.

Thanks,

Bradlie
North Waltham, United Kingdom
“Great pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited earlier this week with my husband and children (aged 14 & 12) for lunch, following a recommendation from my niece. We all had pancakes with a variety of fillings and they were delicious! Staff were friendly and helpful and we would definitely come back during another visit to Manchester.

Visited May 2014
Bradlie H, Public Relations Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thanks for your review Rose!

Glad you enjoyed the pancakes and had a great time. See you back soon

Thanks
staffordshire, England
“Chunky chips to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Had my first visit to Simple on Sat 17th May. I had the chicken strips on a flat bread with raita and the a side of some of the nicest chunky fries EVER! Everything was fresh and cooked to order, my friends had the club sandwich which look lovely. Will definitely be dinning here!

Bradlie H, Public Relations Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thanks for your review Mark!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us and liked our chunky chips, we hope to see you back soon for more

Thanks