“What a great night...!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Simple Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #437 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Simple Bar & Kitchen; serving up the perfect mix of delicious cocktails and fantastic food in a relaxed atmosphere since 2001.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What a great night...!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been to Simple a few times before but hadn't been in a while. Some friends of mine were over from London and I decided to take them there for a dinner and cocktails. We were greeted at the door by the general manager who showed us to the table and talked us through the specials. The food was fantastic and the cocktails were to die for. We all had a lovely time in the warm atmosphere and my friends said that it was nice to be somewhere that felt a bit like being in your living room.... A must see in Manchester !

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bradlie H, Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Cheers for the review Scott! Glad you and your friends had a great night & enjoyed our warm vibes. Be sure to pop back again soon!

“Fave by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch and loved it! Especially the extra Yorkshire pudding :-)
Everyone is so friendly and the crowd is really cool as well. Can't wait to go again!
P.S: make sure you try the cheesecake!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We love our Sunday lunch too, ha! and our cheesecake! Thank you for the review, hope to see you back soon for some more yorkshire's...
manchester
“Great Northern Quarter Favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This has been open in the Northern Quarter of Manchester for years, and I quite often forget about it. Just been in for lunch with a friend and the staff are very friendly, the food was great and not bad price either.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bradlie H, Owner at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for your review! Happy to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us. Be sure to pop back soon, we're not going anywhere!
Newcastle upon Tyne
“wrong night maybe???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I sought this place out after reading tripadvisor and the good reviews. Ended up a bit dissapointed.
So maybe it was the fact that we arrived just before 9pm, maybe it was the fact it was a Tuesday night?
This place is in two parts - the bar one side and restaurant the other divided by curtains. On arrival there was a "pub quiz" going on for the 2 or so people in the bar area. We were seated at a table in the restaurant where the other 4 tables were just finishing off their food. It was a bit dissapointing that there was a list of things not available on the menu but this would have been probably due to the lateness of the hour.I ordered a rare steak with chips, courgettes and an extra side of salad, and fishcakes to start.
The atmosphere was stange as we quickly ended up as the only diners and there was only 3 or 4 in the bar with the quiz.
My starter was ok i suppose, standard small fishcakes nothing to rave about and salad was on it;s last legs and not the freshest.
My main came and again the steak (for £17) was small and thin. It was cooked more medium rare than rare, the hand cut chips were over cooked and dry, and the courgettes were lukewarm at best. The salad never appeared and to be honest I was so hungry i just ate what was there. The bottle of Brooklyn was over £4 . We did not stay in the bar but there was no atmosphere anyway so it was an easy decision to make.
I mentioned the missing salad and it was taken off the bill. When asked if everything was ok against what I would normally say I just said it was fine, paid and left.
I was surpised at the experience and assumed the two staff that were working had had a long day?!
I was told by a girl at the hotel that this is a go to bar for drinks and I think on a different night it could have been a different experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bradlie H, Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your review Drew. I can only apologise for the fairly large 'not available' items on our menu that day, I can remember that Tuesday in particular being crazy busy for us during the day.
Please feel free to pop back soon and we'll prove how this strange Tuesday atmosphere is very unlike us, especially for our new quiz night! Hope to see you back soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Found this on trip advisor and decided to check it out

Not the most inspiring location and a little bit cramped inside however, food and service were pretty good. Basic American diner style menu, the little things that made it good for me were, they cook your burger to your liking (rare, medium, well done) and you can choose fat chips or thin fries with your meal, for a small extra charge you can have sweet potato wedges

All in all nothing absolutely spectacular, but burgers were very nice, would I go back......yes I would ( going to try the meatloaf next time) we went on a Saturday lunchtime and the place was quite busy, worth a visit

Bradlie H, Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for your review Malcolm! Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your burger, but I would definitely recommend the meat loaf too so make sure you run back soon and grab one. Thanks again!