“Average food average service”

Simple Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #416 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Simple Bar & Kitchen; serving up the perfect mix of delicious cocktails and fantastic food in a relaxed atmosphere since 2001.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Simple was only ok after hearing great reviews my boyfriend and I decided to go there for lunch on a Saturday. The place in fairness was quite busy and we were seated and two seater table however we moved to a pleasant windows seat when one freed up. I ordered a mocha and received a very tasty hot chocolate instead I didn't bother saying anything and the hot chocolate suited me just fine. The food was prompt and average in presentation. And taste. I ordered the goats cheese foccacia and on the menu it said caremilsed onions which wasn't what I got exactly however the upgrade to have a side of sweet potatoes wedges was good value and they were very tasty and I was more than full after my portion which was a pity as the milk shake and desserts sounded lovely. The service was ok and basic served by a pleasant enough waitress. There seems to be good mid week meal deals and five pound burger during the week so I would definately return then. The free wifi is a plus as are the vouchers we received with out bill. I will return but perhaps mid week

Bradlie H, Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thanks for your review Geradine! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get served the items you ordered - let me guarantee you this won't be happening again. It's a shame you didn't have room to fit in one of our shakes or deserts - hopefully next time eh. See you back soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

i have been here several times and it is always very nice :)
the staff are great and the music is good and at a nice volume. it is a good place for any occasion.

Hi Laura. Thanks for your review! I'm very pleased to hear your love for Simple. Hopefully we'll see you back soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've had a go at simple in the past so I need to comment when it went well.

I went yesterday for lunch with an old friend and I really enjoyed it. The service was excellent although I feared the worst when I was given a list of things not available. Not to worry we had nachos, olives and garlic bread. A nice glass of wine and good atmosphere.

Can't grumble.

Thanks for the review Alan! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us and it's good to hear that the wine went down nicely too. Look forward to seeing you back soon - as always please feel free to let us know what your thoughts on your visits to Simple are. Thanks!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We went here before going out for a night out in Manchester on a Saturday night. I had booked a table earlier that day (even though they do not usually make booking before 5pm), but it was easy enough to get a table at 4.30. The waitress was very friendly, and warned us that there was a wait on food because they were very busy and understaffed. Because she had told us this, we didnt feel that we were endlessly waiting. The decor was cosy and we definitely wanted to come back to have a drink here (even though I must admit there were midges...I did feel like Pig Pen out of Charlie Brown).

We ordered our food and it was very nice. It was infact too much and I couldnt finish the sweet potato wedges. The desserts looked lovely, but I couldnt face one. We will definitely come back here again :)

Thanks for your review. We always try to accommodate regardless of our policies so I'm glad to hear we managed to get you booked in with us. We're also getting ontop of our 'little' problem, so we hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Found the Simple Bar on the internet searching for somewhere I could order something vegan on the menu. We turned up at about 12.15 on a Friday, freezing cold and ordered two Americano coffees which arrived in large mugs which was most welcome and warmed us up, whilst we perused the menu. I ordered a butternut squash, red pepper, rocket and spring onion focaccia sandwich and my husband ordered rosemary chicken and mozzarella sandwich served with lovely and very moreish home-made chips. We had another couple of large Americano coffees to accompany them. The service provided by our waitress a very pleasant and friendly French girl was excellent. She took time for a chat and enthused about how much she loved Manchester, we could not agree with her more, we have grown to love Manchester too. Would definitely return and try their other vegan options.

1  Thank Veganolive1
Bradlie H, Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thanks for your review! I'm very happy to hear we managed to fill you up with our hot coffees and sandwiches on this cold Friday night. Hope to see you back soon doing the same!