“Brilliant Burgers and very good value for money!!”

Simple Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #477 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Simple Bar & Kitchen; serving up the perfect mix of delicious cocktails and fantastic food in a relaxed atmosphere since 2001.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Burgers and very good value for money!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Really lovely food, great for burgers, ribs and sandwiches. I particularly liked the 3 mini burgers on the lightbites menu. Service was friendly and relaxed and it was great value for money.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sonja O
Bradlie H, Manager at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed your meal with us, we have recently changed our burger buns for more delicious ones so it's great to hear you loved. Hope to see you back soon. Thanks

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Morning”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I attended a cocktail masterclass on a Saturday morning. I had a fab morning. My friend and I stayed on for lunch and more cocktails!! Lunch was delicious and I would definitely recommend it. I hope to return to try more cocktails soon.

• Visited October 2012
Thanks for your review! It's good to hear you enjoyed our masterclass, we sure did too! We hope to see you back at the bar soon trying some more, you could even show off your new skills? Thanks.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go again if you paid me”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

In town we decided to try Simples restaurant and how we wished we hadn't bothered. We arrived on a Saturday early evening, and the place was lively but not busy busy.
We ordered four differing hot sandwiches and placed our drinks order.
Then we sat, and sat, and just for good measure sat some more.
Time was passing by and after almost an hour and at least 3 requests as to how long would our food be it finally arrived, and yes you guessed it the order was wrong.
Our waiter offered us a 25%discount on the cost and brought us a round of complimentary drinks, which when they came were wrong! Unbelievable.
By now we'd wasted over an hour and a half of our lives which we'd never get back so we asked for the bill, and you may notice a pattern here, which arrived as was WRONG!

How wrong? Almost £20 worth of items on our bill which the table next to us had ordered, or and this was the best one, 'Oh that must've been from the people who were sat at your table before!'

So if you ever feel like popping into Simple for a nice meal my advice would be to go anywhere else but here, as I didn't realise that the name of the restaurant was actually a description of the Staff.

1 Thank David W
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good job they don't charge for the noise...”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

...because this is the noisiest restaurant I know. Music far too loud in this dingy little restaurant which made everyone shout creating an unbelievable cacophony. The food was ok. I had meatloaf, mash and Cajun spiced courgettes. Mash was excellent and the courgettes was an original and delicious veg choice. But the meatloaf was far too salty, which rather spoiled the experience. Service was slack and unprofessional, performed by a rather dopey group of seemingly inexperienced staff. I find it incredible that some people laud this cafe and want to go back a second time.

Laura W, Assistant at Simple Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I am sorry you had a bad experience at Simple, we will take your feedback onboard about the music and the food to make the restaurant suit all our customer needs. Thank you for your feedback we would like to hear more of your feedback if you're willing, email - brad@simplebar.co.uk
Lancashire
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Took part in a 'cocktail making masterclass' here on Saturday morning which was a birthday present for my friend. We had a great time and stayed for lunch which was very good.

• Visited October 2012
Thank you for your feedback! Very glad to hear you enjoyed the cocktail class. I hope you've been back since to try some more of our cocktails? Either way, look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks