“Crying, miserable staff!”
Review of Caffe Ritazza

Caffe Ritazza
Ranked #104 of 105 Coffee & Tea in Manchester
Reviewed October 21, 2017

I don't normally write reviews about coffee shops, but I wanted to write one about Cafe Ritazza in the hope that someone from the company will read it, as have tried to contact them but had no response!
I went to the Piccadilly branch and ordered a Bailey's Latte as a treat for my train journey home.
When I arrived at the Cafe Ritazza there was a heated argument going on between one customer and the barrista about a bottle of wine that was listed on the menu but not in stock/
In the end, the customer decided to leave as she couldn't get the drink she wanted.
The female barrista, who was on her own (during Friday evening rush hour!) then started to cry. She didn't serve me straight away (I was next in line) and instead wailed that she 'couldn't cope anymore' and was wiping back tears.
She then asked me for my order and proceeded to slam items down and I actually felt like I was a real inconvenience for even being there.
She did eventually give me my drink, but there was no thankyou when I gave across my note and certainly no smile.
I felt very sorry for the woman, who was clearly tired, stressed, emotional and could've done with an extra pair of hands-I almost offered myself!
The actual drink itself was fine, but wont be going back to Cafe Ritazza as the staff already seem overworked and miserable.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I ordered a sausage bap, which looked quite appetising in the display. There was only one person on duty behind the counter who appeared to be barely coping. When my bap eventually emerged from under the toaster, it was so burnt that much of the actual bap was inedible. I actually felt sorry for the server who was valiantly trying to cope with making drinks, serving food and, presumably clearing the tables, without any assistance. With several alternative food and drink outlets in the station, I won't be returning here in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Slow service. They charge 10p extra for sitting down but then still serve your coffee in a paper cup. There aren't many tables without dirty cups littered all over. The place is a tip. Staff very abrupt and rather rude

Reviewed August 21, 2017

I paid 75p more for a flat white coffee than I do at my usual cafe in the Arndale centre. Why do outlets in stations and airports have to rip you off. If you want to sit down options are limited in this station. Good location to see times of departures but gets crowded. Nothing special!

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Appallignly dirty, not a single clean table, used cups everywhere, rubbish on the floor. Coffee was OK-ish, Two barristas could not cope with the workload, looked tired and harrassed.