“Terrible service”

Ranked #337 of 2,274 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A little independent Italian restaurant in trendy West Didsbury, Manchester. Vibrant food with an emphasis on the freshest fish and seafood. Harden's guide recommended.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible service”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Really bad service.we did not get served for 1 hour and also had booked. The waitress seemed to ignore us most of the evening. The food was average but unfortunately we will not be returning here again. I would definitely not recommend this place.

4 Thank Reena A

“Good but not great”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We arrived around 8 on a Saturday evening and we were left to stand at the door way whilst the staff finished their conversation... Not a good start! Things did get better though as our drinks arrived promptly once ordered. The food however was not so prompt. Olives, breads and a few more starters were orders and took around 35minutes to arrive, once the starters were cleared we waited another 40 minutes on the main course. The waitress did apologise for the delay telling me that "when you don't order starters sometimes it feels like you are waiting a long time for your main"... So long in fact the staff forget you even had a starter! When the food arrived 3 of the 4 dishes were great. The breaded pork with pasta ribbons was the let down. Soggy pork is not pleasant and the only flavour was a hint of chilli and lemon. The chicken and sea bass dishes were however well cooked and tasty. All in all the drinks are slightly pricey and the service needs a little working on. I would dine here again, just perhaps not for a special occasion.

Oswestry, Shropshire
“A great evening!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We ate in Azzurro on a Saturday evening, despite it being busy, our food arrived promptly and was of excellent quality!

The waitress was friendly, knowledgable and helpful in helping deciding which dish to choose from the excellent menu!

I will definitely be going back as there are many other dishes on the menu, I want to try.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Having visited Azzurro for the 2nd time Saturday Eve's, we had another gorgeous meal, we were seated and looked after by a very friendly waitress. All of our food was served piping hot, and portions are large and most of all very fresh. I love it here so will definitely will be returning on my next visit to Didsbury.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had booked a table for nine for half seven, some of us were late but we were all present and hungry by ten to eight - with those that had arrived on time having had a few drinks already. This slight tardy-ness was obviously too much for a very stressed and rude floor staff. Menus were eventually given to us after many requests at twenty past eight. We were treated with indifference at best, and outright disgust at worst - very embarrassing behaviour really. Starters eventually arrived at ten to nine, and overall opinion was distinctly average. Main courses, wait for it, then didn't arrive until nearly twenty to ten!!! The food was appalling with the only finished plates from our party coming from those close to starvation! I approached the waitress to explain our disappointment about the service and quality to which I received an obtuse "it's not my problem, speak to the manager......" I duly did this and he was vey apologetic, made a few excuses but was genuinely embarrassed at our poor experience. Eventually we came to a mutually sufficient settlement to what would have been a ridiculously overpriced meal if the sevrice and food had been good, but I have to say this will not be a restaurant I will be frequenting and one I would not recommend to an enemy.

3 Thank Charles B