ABode Manchester
$105
$94
Agoda.com
1,929 results
All reviewsdesirable roommichael cainescafe barjohnny cashparquet flooringoriginal featurespiccadilly stationdvd playerjunior suitehuge bedan upgradefifth floorbasic roomlovely hotelnorthern quarterreception stafffull english
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I arrived at reception very early as my meeting ended early, reception were very friendly indeed. The room may not be to every bodies taste but after having spent the night before in an ' hotel room' it really made a pleasant change, it was roomy and full of character. Extra touches like filter coffee and very tasty biscuits also help in making me feel at home. The bathroom was modern, bright clean and had a proper bathtub, so if you like a soak in a deep tube, this place will be for you. Had a good nights sleep and was ready for my breakfast the next morning, the service was excellent and the food freshly cooked, good way to start the day. The titlle lets you know where it is' my advice give let ago.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The room is a bit quirky in this hotel...herring-bone wood floors, and giant library themed wallpaper. There is a nice couch, and the upgraded room in the corner has a little curcular study nook. The platform bed, however, was one of the most uncomfortable things I experienced on my two week trip in the UK. In addition, the lighting for make up and hair was not satisfactory...and there needs to be attention paid to the woman traveler who might have a kit with her. Tiny shelves in the bathroom are not adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. Your comments are noted and certainly appreciated.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

stopped at the abode three times now and always great service and attentive staff. the food is excellent and well worth the money ,we didn't eat this time but have eaten there on many occasions. One thing I love about the hotel is its spotless I have stayed at top hotels in Manchester and been disappointed in the cleanliness the abode beats them all .( the chocolate in the rooms tuck box) mmmm heaven but just to tempting.

Room Tip: we have stopped in three different rooms all great .
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for providing such a positive review. I am delighted that each and every time you return the team delivers such a memorable experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned home after spending last night at the Abode Manchester to celebrate my sons 21st Birthday. We were greeted at reception by the very lovely Heather who gave us a loyalty upgrade to an excellent room. The bed was huge & very comfortable, bathroom was spotless with an abundance of towels & toiletries. There are tea and coffee making facilities also a tuck shop tray with juice and snacks. The room was clean and very comfortable furniture was very quirky. Before we went down to Michael Caines restaurant for dinner we went to the BarMC where Nathan the most amazing cocktail maestro made us a selection of the last of the summer cocktails all created by him... He also gave us a sneak preview of the winter cocktails menu all his own ideas I cannot wit to go back for our organised Christmas party to give them a try... All the staff in all areas of the hotel are smart polite very accommodating nothing is too much trouble... Breakfast at the Abode is one of the best hotel Breakfasts I have ever had, my porridge was freshly made to order and delicious my husband had a full English all fresh and made to order... No limp greasy food that's been sat in a Bain Marie for hours... All in all we have had an excellent weekend and couldn't recommend this hotel more highly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorna B
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to provide details of your recent experience here at the ABode Manchester. I am delighted that the team contributed in such a positve way thus ensuring your time with us was such a memorable experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here over August bank holiday and having stayed in the Chester hotel, I thought I would enjoy this one just as much.

At check in the Receptionist was excellent, very polite, helpful and friendly. She explained everything about the hotel and its facilities and offered an upgrade for half price. I went for the upgraded room, which was a great room, nice decor and a complimentary tuck box with some nice products.

However, the rooms have wooden floors and although very high ceilings, you can hear people in their rooms above and to the side when they're walking around. It sounded like the person next door was in my room, it felt that close. There were people in the corridors and in other rooms talking loudly and shouting which kept me awake, then there was the noise from people in their rooms getting intimate, which I really didn't need to hear! In addition to that, there is a hotel opposite and the position of their brightly lit sign outside is such that it shines right through the edge of the blinds in the room and on to the bed, again keeping me awake!

With the light and noises, I didn't get much sleep. I mentioned it to Reception at check out and they asked me to complete a comment card and said the Operations Manager would be in touch. I completed the card but to date have heard nothing at all from anyone at the hotel. Clearly they aren't bothered!

I would have probably rated the hotel 4 but given that I got hardly any sleep and the fact that I've heard nothing back as they said I would, I'm rating a 2 and won't be heading back again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank chsesam

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode. I appreciate your balanced comments. Whilst delighted to read that most aspects of your time with us was of an enjoyable nature I am disappointed that the levels of noise from other guests impacted on your evening. With reference to the hotel "not being bothered" to respond as promised, I do with respect take exception to that perspective. We take feedback very seriously here at the hotel and I do hope that my response via this medium within 24 hours of recieving your feedback supports this. I can assure you that I will discuss your lack of a timely response directly with the team member concerned upon his return from annual leave. In the meantime I would be delighted to discuss this directly with yourself and I am contactable via the main hotel direct line.
Best regards