“Fabulous on fifth”
Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We have just returned from statying at Abode in Manchester and it was a wonderful experience. It was a surprise for mine and my husbands 40th fro our friends who also stayed at the hotel.

When we arrived the room was not ready but we were they early so we checked in and left our bags in reception. When we returned our luggage had been transferred to our roms.

The room was huge, large entrance, large living area with seperate drinks area which had complimentary snacks and drinks. Huge bouquet of flowers, again complimentary. The bathroom was the largest I have sen in a hotel with luxury bathrobes and slippers.

The bed was queen size and very comfortable.

The best part of the trip was the restaurant. First of all we had cocktails in the bar, the waiter took time to see what drinks we liked and what would suit us best. We had the taster menu with wines to compliment each meal . The attention to detail was perfect, every course explained and also the wines down to the taste, region etc. I can honestly say the meal was probably the best I have had. Each different taste flowed through and I really didn't want each course to end. Finally we retired for further drinks.

The next morning we all had the cooked breakfast which again was perfect before heading off to the Christmas markets.

Definetely worth a visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in Frink and Angel, gorgeous rooms although Angel only king size bed I think.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Don't be put off by the bad comments.
We love this hotel!
Great location, great staff, great building, great rooms.
Their hair and body wash shampoo and soap smells lovely!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We chose Abode because we have stayed at most of the others in this chain and have never been disappointed. I loved the Victorian architecture of this renovated and redeveloped cotton mill/warehouse, the tiles , doors and staircases are magnificent and for access to Piccadilly it is incomparable. The room was at the front on the second floor and although clean and well presented with a comfortable bed the room was small and we did not sleep for the three nights of our stay. The windows were old and did not close properly and so the noise from the 24 hour traffic and the adjoining pubs and clubs was kept us awake. The revellers and drunks in the street continued shouting until the very early hours.
Parking was also incredibly expensive even by town centre standards , I pay less in London.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the front and the street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was looking forward to this stay at the ABode. From my booking I expected a boutique design hotel, but it was far from it. The building looks great from the outside, the rooms are large, but that is about it. The interior is minimalistic and reminds you of your odd school trips. There were cigarette burn marks on the bath room floor the furniture were past their good days.
The rooms were not soundproof at all and I was hardly able to close an eye. The walls are so thin, that you can even hear a needle drop to the floor.
The next day I approached the receptionist with my complaint and she just apolized and told me that it was the neighbours fault - maybe because they were not tiptoeing around. She did not know as well, the best way to drive of to the airport. Maybe I was the first one to stay at the hotel, who left for the airport.
It certainly was my first and last stay at the ABode.

Room Tip: Not to stay there
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tirol76
ManchesterGM, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Dear guest,

Whilst very disappointed to read of your experience of ABode, I am however most appreciative of you taking the time to highlight such issues.
I can assure you that your comments are noted and will be acted upon where possible.

kind regards
Sean

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed for four nlghts in angel suite once again excellent staff make bussiness trip enjoyable

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed November 10, 2011

In Manchester on business and travelling alone, location, friendly staff and a nice room are all important and this hotels offers all of those things. A beautiful old building the rooms are quite unique but large and well equipped. My only negative would be the room was very warm and you can't open a window. There is air-con but didn't really need that. I ate alone in the dining room/bar and grill and requested a booth at the side so as not to feel too obvious which was great. Food good and speedy service too. Breakfast was a little disappointing but OK. All in all I would stay again as I like the location (very close to Manchester main railway station) and they do have very good deals from time to time. Nice welcome too at reception.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is my first visit to the Abode in Manchester and I have to say I was very impressed.

My room was very large and of the urban loft style, and the bed! It was massive and oh so comfortable.

Very impressed with breakfast; not the usual 'help yourself hot buffet' but freshly cooked to order. The eggs benedict were fabulous.

All staff very friendly and helpful.

I would have liked to have been able to open my window a crack but other than this, it is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room where windows can be opened if you enjoy fresh air
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo