“Really lovely!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Really lovely!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First time in the Third Eye but definitely won't be my last. Staff very pleasant and food freshly prepared. I used to go to other restaurants for curry in Didsbury but not any more!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and something a little different”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a table for a Friday night for 8pm. By the time we arrived, the petite restaurant was already pretty much full. As another reviewer put, the tables are quite close together and so it really does feel quite 'cosy' when there are lots of people there. The waiters were really attentive and helpful.

My husband ordered the kidney kebabs as a starter which he said were delicious (but a tiny bit overdone). Then for mains we shared the Makhan Fish, Prawn Bhutan, and the Lamb Jalfrezi with some breads.

The Makhan Fish was exceptional - plenty of chunks of fish in a gorgeous creamy spiced tomato sauce. The Prawn Bhutan was nice, again the sauce was great, but the prawns (as I always find in curry style restaurants) were a little overcooked. The Lamb Jalfrezi was delicious, but don't go expecting your usual run-of-the-mill Jalfrezi sauce. My husband was fascinated by the slight sweetness of it and couldn't get enough of it. We ended up asking the waiter what was in it and found out that it was quite different because of the big Nepalese influence in the cooking. I loved it and would definitely order both the Jalfrezi and the Fish Makhan again.

We were too full for anything desserts so left very happy. I will definitely go back and recommend it to friends. Better than most curry places in Manchester and offers something a little different too.

1 Thank glowworm13
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My local curry house... and it's a tandoori cracker boom boom”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I eat here a lot. Del-ic-ious Nepal-ese fare. Win-ter is com-ing.

That is a Japanese Haiku (if you don't know... look it up... that way you'll remember... that's what my old man used to tell me). It even contains the seasonal reference which my great friend H. Goron assures me is necessary for authenticity.

I do actually dine (posh for eat) here every month. Sometimes every week. It being of Nepalese origin is a bit lighter than curry. It is consistently fresh and of good quality.

Last night for instance I had a large fish tikka. Snow white cod of a considerable portion freshly cooked in the tandoor. Splendid. Yes quite a splendid and simple starter. Then I experimented by trying a new lamb dish I can't recall the name of and asking for it extra hot.

Now most bog standard curry houses will address my requests to spice up their curries to borderline unusual heat levels with a roll of the eyes and 3 table spoons of chilli powder which leaves for a grainy taste experience. Not here. Oh no. Fresh chillies all the way here. I was soon blowing my beautiful nose as testament to the heat.

Portions aren't massive but are sensible and well priced. Garlic naan is particularly good. Poppodoms aren't top billing but I never eat them anyway (I'm cutting in for summer and all that).

I swill down pints of Kingfisher, but they stock other beer and booze and all that.

Staff are friendly without being chatty and being very efficient. I might add that one of the gentlemen waiters was whizzing around the floor so fast last night that he genuinely caused the table-cloths to flutter. If i was wearing a hat (I wasn't) I'd have had to have held on to it. I'm reminded of the unseen turbulent vortexes of air that landing planes create, thus requiring them to have minimum distances of separation between each other on landing. Anyhow... I digress. So there you go. Fantastic little curry house.

1 Thank Martin C
Scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty curry”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thoroughly recommend - good food - our three curries all very different to each other- and a bit different to the usuak expected- we had lamb chilli, sag chicken and chicken dhansak - all very tasty. Very nice people, friendly and efficient.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Our Didsbury curry house of choice”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We feel this stands up against any of the competitors on Burton Rd. Again, this place is ran by Nepalis and as a result seems to serve up the usual dishes with that bit of extra flair and taste, as well as offering some more unusual dishes that are just wonderful. We mostly go with our five year old and they go out of their way to make her feel welcome - for which we are always grateful.

• Visited June 2013