“Nice restuarant in a great location”
Review of Pizza Express - CLOSED

Pizza Express
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our first visit to this Pizza Express and we really enoyed it. We booked a table in advance expecting it to be busy on a Saturday evening but it was fairly quiet. We were asked if we wanted to sit outside as the weather was warm. We opted for inside where it was cooler. We like the decor and the nice little booths. Service was friendly and attentive. We didn't have to wait long for our starters of Bruschetta. I prefer my brushetta on a crispy base rather than the pizza dough type base we had. Very tasty though.

We ordered both ordered pizza for main and were asked if we wanted the thin or thick base. Thinking the thick base would be more like deep pan we opted for the thin. However, the thin base is what they call Romana which we dont really enjoy. If the waitress had asked us if we wanted classic or romana we would have opted for classic which isnt thick at all...just normal. We realised our error when it came but we stuck with it and didn't say anything. It was a good pizza although my American Hot didnt have many jalapena on so was more American Warm.

Overall it was a good experience but would have been better has we got the correct pizzas. No doubt they would ahve changed it we had said something but we were mostly happy with what we got.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I visited here recently with my daughter. Both the food and the service were excellent. I am extremely fussy and have high standards so I wasn't expecting much as this is a high street chain restaurant. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was very good quality and well presented. The lad that served us couldn't have been more helpful. Even the toilets were exceptionally clean. I would definitely return.,

1  Thank Diane D
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great for GF...they have separate kitchen areas for food preparation so you can eat here with confidence. The staff are lovely, helpful and attentive BUT......
I know this is a Pizza Express but it's like eating in a transport 'caff.' Formica tables, no atmosphere, paper napkins. The bill for 8 of us was £200 so it's not cheap.......if you want to eat Italian food there must be better options close by. Oh yes....the bill includes a 10% additional service charge....if you are happy to pay that ( I am) fair enough but you may not wish to do so.
Toilets...what can I say? I used both upstairs and downstairs facilities. They both smell and the upstairs ladies loo had no lights!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Good standard fare. Very attentive staff. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it's Pizza express and did exactly what it said on the tin. Toilets could do with some attention.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I frequented this restaurant as a guest and found the staff inattentive, the pizzas well below the quality I have experience at Pizza Expresses in the past. The pasta dish was limp and unappealing and despite only 12 people being in the restaurant the order for coffee never materialised and had to wait ages for the bill. Overall a disappointing experience and I, for one, will not be rushing back.

2  Thank Bedeboy