“Best veggie around”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fuel

Fuel
Ranked #535 of 2,245 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Best veggie around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Have been back 10+ times when my girlfriend used to live in Withington & I was vegetarian. Highly recommended on all counts

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Popped in at lunch, had the soup of the day - red pepper and lentil. It tasted nice and had plenty of flavour. Nice décor in the restaurant with a giant mural of Elvis. Only slight gripe were what seemed to be leather seats - in a veggie restaurant?

Decent portion of soup and a vegan tea was pretty decent value at £4.90. Will visit again

• Visited June 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
“Lovely veggie stuff, and plenty of it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great place for a snack, with pleasant, unpretentious service and generous portions. I recommend the veggie English breakfast!

Very popular - we were lucky to get a table for four so quickly.

• Visited May 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Best during the day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I've visited Fuel a few times and had several different experiences here. During the day, the place is a vibrant, cosy little café, which whilst generally busy, there is still room for a sit down and a drink.

The food is excellent, I had the halloumi fish and chips for lunch which was delicious. The service was good despite having to order from the bar and there was some queue - but this just made paying convenient. We went away with a feeling of satisfaction and feeling better for having experienced it.

It was at this point we noticed that they also do a quiz night once a month which we were interested in. This, along with the great range of beers we noticed, made us decide to come back in the evening for the quiz.

However in the evening the place transforms into quite a rowdy bar. The venue is a little on the small side despite having the two floors open. We also found the quiz was more aimed at the political student crowd which we are not part of therefore did not find the quiz very thrilling and my partner found the quiz host to be rather pompous and made to feel less than welcome.

Having said that the chips and veggie burgers we had were again very good, very tasty, as was the range of beers as we expected.

We are glad that we did go for the quiz, but for night time entertainment I think we will be looking elsewhere in the future! I still recommend that people should try the food.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Gary M
Garstang, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food, let down by a certain member of staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was looking forward to my first experience with Fuel were my friend has visited on many occasions. However my experience was ruined by an extremely rude member of staff. I ordered my food along with a hot chocolate and like most places, you either have to wait for your drink or they bring it over. I politely asked 'do you bring over the drinks or do i wait for it' i was then responded to extremely rudely with the waitress saying 'I'll bring it over...when i have a minute' and pointed at the queue, this was just rude and extremely un-professional.

Once i had received my hot chocolate which on the menu stated 'topped with roasted hazelnuts' it came without the hazelnuts so I went over to ask the waitress if i could have my hazelnuts, the young lady talked to me with her mouthful saying 'the hazelnut is in the hot chocolate' & 'we don't have any' I said oh ok 'please can I have a jaffa cake instead then (like you offer on the hot chocolate orange) she then replied saying 'well it doesn't come with that does it'. Yes but you ran out and how is that my fault when I paid for the item. She stormed into the kitchen and got me 3 hazelnuts and dumped them in my hand,

Although the food was amazing the experience I received was terrible and I will never return.

• Visited March 2014