“Lovely cottage”

Review of The Cottage

A warm comfortable lounge.
The kitchen dining room. The main en-suite bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The kitchen dining room.
The main en-suite bedroom.
The 2nd bedroom made up a super king bed (twin beds available upon request).
The single room.
The modern bathroom.
The private patio by the cottage.
The old doors which lead to the cottages.
Looking up the High Street from the old doors which lead to the cottages.
The Chipping Campden sign right outside Dragon House.
A short walk across the Conygree looking back at the church.
A view across the Conygree from a short walk.
A view up the High Street towards the Market Square.
A view from Dragon House looking towards the church.
The Chipping Campden sign outside Dragon House.
A view towards Dragon House and the old market hall from my favourite vintners and deli!
The Old Market Hall to the side of Dragon House.
The shared garden in the summer.
Late Spring flowers.
A shady spot in the summer.
The pond.
One of the shared lawns.
Waiting for summer!!
Cotswold traditional walled gardens.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jezza_C77
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage”
Reviewed March 25, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The Cottage is a lovely property. It's on a secluded private alleyway (so very peaceful) but very close to the centre of Chipping Campden.

Sarah was a very attentive host who answered all our questions quickly. She also provided a cot and high chair, meaning that we could cut down on that luggage a bit.

Would definitely stay here again.

Mar 26, 2018
Hello, thank you for taking the time to do a review, it is not something I promote but I love getting them, I am really glad you had a lovely time, hopefully see you again!! Best wishes to all, Sarah.
Reviewed November 4, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Your age range 50-64
Nov 5, 2017
Awwww - you are too kind! It was really lovely to chat and banter with you. Isn't Chipping Campden the best which is a big reason why I moved heaven and earth (well,thats how it felt!) to live here. Hail Grandma's gardening skills! See you soon!! Sarah. xx
Expeditio...
“just lovely”
Reviewed October 22, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

location was perfect. Couldn't have asked for anything more from the cottage or Sarah(the owner). Would highly recommend it. Thanks again Sarah.

Oct 24, 2017
Awwww - so lovely to get such a review. So nice of you to make the time to do it. Many thanks, Sarah. x
Amy B
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage, good location, a few niggles”
Reviewed October 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We stayed as a group of five adults in October of this year. Location wise the cottage is great, with access right off the Main Street, although still in a quiet, private spot.

The accommodation was nice, although possibly a touch on the small side for five adults. I think it would benefit from two sofas in the living room, as apposed to the three seater and two chairs.

Cleanliness was good, except for the oven, which was pretty grimey. The fixture and fittings were a good quality, however possibly because it was the end of the season there were a few niggles. Lightbulbs out, and a leaking shower in the en-suit which was very irritating as it dripped all night and kept us awake.

The owner Sarah was very nice and obliging, providing nice touches such as tea, coffee, milk and cake.

Overall a very nice cottage, but could be perfect with a few updates.

Oct 16, 2017
Hello, I really appreciate you taking the time to do a review. The location is fab isn't it which is why I moved heaven and earth to live here! Your feedback is very valuable. I cannot resolve the fact you thought is was small for 5 people, not something anyone has mentioned in 3 years of trading, it is as it says in the description, 2 double rooms and a single withe a reasonably sized kitchen/dining room and a lounge which seats 5. I did think about putting 2 sofas in as I am a sofa girl but when I did my research lots of people liked arm chairs so I went for a combination based on feedback. I cater for lots of people of different ages and likes and dislikes so it is tricky to get it totally right in terms of decor and seating for all. I have spoken to the cleaners about the oven and I had had it professionally cleaned not long ago - I will speak to them!!!! Light bulbs are a nightmare at the moment, they are all checked on each changeover but we have had quite a few short power cuts lately which I can only imagine is why we have had to change so many! I would have been more than happy to come up without delay to sort it out if you had mentioned it! I have had 2 incidents where bulbs have blown and it trips the fuse switch which may have been your experience if there was more than the odd one! The shower - I had a look, it is a bad design in some ways, it is not dripping or leaking but you do have to make sure you have it exactly on the vertical as it is a hand shower and an over head one, if not it does drip slightly. I do apologise for the niggles and hope the above answers your queries. Kind regards, Sarah.
Iwork925
“Perfect spot”
Reviewed July 2, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We spent a week at the Old Stables with our 7-year-old twins. The place is perfect for a family; the cottage is very charming and cosy, set in a beautiful garden. The owner is very friendly and helpful. A great playground, a local supermarket and a range of restaurants can be found within walking distance.
Chipping Campden is a great spot for trips to Oxford, Stratford, Blenheim or Gloucester. And it was always lovely coming back to that quiet place.

Jul 3, 2017
How lovely you found the time (with twins) to write such a lovely note - it is much appreciated! I am glad you enjoyed your time here and the area! Lovely to meet you, Sarah. x
Gemma D
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful cosy cottage”
Reviewed January 6, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, the cottage was warm, cosy and well equipped. We are a family with 2 small boys and it worked well - our 3 year old had the small single room and felt very grown up, our baby had plenty of room to be in with us in the master bedroom, and we had friend join us staying in the second room.
Sarah was a lovely host who made sure everything was prepared well and ready for us, and then let us get on with things once there - we knew where to go should we need anything though everything was so well looked after we were not left wanting anything!
Chipping campden is a beautiful little Cotswold village - beautiful sandstone houses, tea rooms, restaurants and lovely country walks - we particularly enjoyed walking from Broadway tower down into Broadway village and back.

Your age range 25-34
Jan 7, 2017
Hello, Thank you so much for bothering to write a review, I am still in shock your 3 year old managed the walk from Broadway, go you! Must have been the turbo food over the festive period. So glad you had a good time, mother hen can relax! Best wishes, Sarah. x
118HelenB
Halesowen, United Kingdom
“Brilliant cottage in super grounds.”
Reviewed October 13, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The Cottage was perfect in every way. Warm and cosy, super bedrooms, comfortable lounge, well equiped kitchen and the surrounding gardens were beautiful.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the car-parking space.
Liked least: Nothing, all was perfect.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Oct 14, 2016
Hello Helen, I am very grateful to you for finding the time to leave such a lovely review! I will get back to you on the New Year dates! Just off to the airport now so mustn't be late! Many thanks, Sarah.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing