“A sense of history with a few drawbacks”
Review of Badgers Hall

and 1 more site!
Badgers Hall
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I chose Badgers Hall B&B because I wanted someplace with a strong sense of history, and this is it. Both in the half-timbered bedrooms and the public tea room downstairs the history was palpable. Occasionally too palpable. I knew there would be exposed low beams, and for the most part they were easy to work around with some ducking. However, there was a beam perhaps 4.5 feet from the floor that ran across the center of our small bathroom, so we had to duck quite a way to get to the toilet and stand up carefully. Again, workable except if you're a bit groggy in the middle of the night, when it gets distinctly tricky. Breakfast was excellent, but only served between 8:30 and 9:00. The complimentary tea and cake in the afternoon were a treat. The B&B was well-tended and the owners were professional. The beds in the twin room were fairly hard.

Two distinct negatives - the internet was very slow and kept cutting out. I'm not a heavy internet user, just a little web surfing and checking email, but it was a distinct nuisance. Parking is on the street and is described as easy, but I had to hunt around for parking spaces every time we went out on weekdays in June. Perhaps it's easy compared to London or NYC, but I haven't had to hunt like this in other towns in the UK. Those things made the difference between a nice stay and one which could have been superb.

Room Tip: The twin room has hard beds and some street noise issues. While the website says the second floor be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My mom and I loved our stay at Badger Hall!

It was a charming B&B in a charming village. The owners were so kind and helped make the trip a great one. And, don't let me forget the food! They prepared the best breakfasts I came across on my trip. They even prepared a bagged meal when I had an early morning departure.

I can highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a weekend break in Chipping Camden in the Cotswolds We stayed at Badgers Hall for 2 nights and could have stayed longer!
Badgers Hall is run as a B&B by Karen and Paul who do a 1st class job in looking after their guests, from a hearty breakfast to afternoon tea( served in the sunny garden).
We have already arranged to go again and will recommend Badgers Hall anyone going to the Cotswolds.

Room Tip: We had room 1 which is at the back and would recommend this spacious en suite room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kainhome
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stayed at Badgers Hall in May. It was exactly what we were hoping to find - quaint, cozy and comfortable. The owners are so friendly and welcoming. And the food - oh my goodness! Would love to stay there again in the future, and even if I don't stay, I'll definitely drive out of my way to have afternoon tea there.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnnW769
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Great host from start to finish, very attentive . Always plenty of tea on offer. Flavoursome sandwiches aswell as sausages, salmon, haddock, sausage roll , goats cheese quiche, butternut squash and pepper volevonts , beet root and cheese.

For pudding there was lemon posset, ginger and walnut fruit cake, choc moussee, sherry trifle, amoretti ice cream , scones.

Was so tasty and full of flavour. We was all stuffed so got to take home in doggy bag!! Can't wait to go again great place!
Highly recommend !

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Shaun N
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Couldn't have asked for a better Yee Olde England experience. The couple who run this place and their dog are what make it...although the dog did have a tendency with me to get a bit over friendly! The rooms are very comfortable and the dining room just under the rooms is lovely. Breakfast next morning was better than any 5* Hotel i have stayed in. it was cooked to order with locally sourced ingredients. Stated only one night but came away refreshed like we were away for a week!

Room Tip: we stayed in the first room ahead of you when you go up the stairs. Little bit of noise when the tea...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived just after 3:30 pm and were shown to are room just above the tea room. The room was very spacious and homely, overlooking the main street and war memorial garden, we did like the carafe of sherry and wonderful homemade shortbread biscuits on the side table, very welcoming. We returned to the tearoom for our afternoon cream tea and, what a surprise greeted us the fruit scones were huge and with plenty of jam and clotted cream.

Our first nights sleep was rudely disturbed at 5 o'clock in the morning by the person living next door to the B&B above the Spar shop, you could hear every manner of sound emanating from their rooms, it rather ruin the tranquility of the Badgers Hall.

After spending a day walking, (Broadway Tower) we were again pleasantly surprised when arriving back at the B&B, Karen asked us if we would like our afternoon tea and cake in our room, Paul's homemade pear and lemon cake was wonderful with the added bonus of a couple of shortbread biscuits.

Karen asked if we were eating out and had we booked anywhere, we said we had decided on Micheal's the Greek restaurant across the the road, Karen phoned the restaurant on our behave and confirmed a booking.

Paul looks after the baking and cooking side, his breakfasts are second to none, all the items on the menu are locally sourced, or are delivered daily. The smoked haddock and poached eggs were out of this world, thank you Paul.

Karen and Paul run a remarkable establishment and we will be retuning, thank you both again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 28 in Chipping Campden
Red Lion Inn
Red Lion Inn
#12 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Badgers Hall? Share your experiences!