My fiance and I were looking for a place to elope and Cotswold House looked beautiful from the website. We communicated mostly with the hotel via email for booking the room for the wedding and the hotel room for the weekend. Service was excellent before we arrived. I did however worry that our 2 person wedding would not get the special attention that a larger affair would have, but I was pleasantly surprised to find exceptional service upon arrival and throughout the weekend.
We arrived on a Friday afternoon, were shown to junior suite #11 - the room was beautifully decorated and modern. The king bed was comfy and sheets were quality. There was a huge couch in front of the fire, was a good place to relax together. We had a patio overlooking the gardens, which are very lovely and have very interesting garden art. The bathroom was AMAZING! Steam shower with various colored lights, the largest bathtub I have ever been in, could easily fit 2 adults with extra space. All of the extra little things made the room even more special: complimentary mini bar (which they did refill) pillow menu, lovely toiletries, bathrobes, slippers, CD/DVD player with movies at the front desk, turn-down service (they lit your fire as well!!), tv that you could watch from the couch or bed and a tv in the bathroom. The room service breakfast was delicious and brought exactly on time. The food in Hicks was exceptional, all 3 courses!
For the wedding, they upgraded the room where we were having our service to the room they serve lunch, rather than the Montrose Bar. We did not decorate the room at all, but the staff decorated with flowers and candles, it was a beautiful touch they just did on their own. The staff attended to us with so much care and thoughtfulness, even though we were not having a large event. After the ceremony they allowed us to dine alone in that room instead of in the restuarant, which was perfect to have a wedding dinner on our own, but not in our room. The staff even took pictures for us!! The service was the best we have ever had, and we travel quite often world-wide. The gardens were a beautiful background for wedding pictures. For larger events, I would suggest an outside wedding in the gardens!
I was surprised to see some of the ratings on TripAdvisor, especially where people commented on the spa being at the other end of the garden and having to walk there. The gardens are beautiful and the walk isnt very far. The hotel is in the center of Chipping Camden (which is a lovely place to be, around all of the shops), with only so much space to expand. I would much rather take a lovely walk through the gardens than have to find a spa elsewhere.
I would suggest this hotel to anyone looking to have a beautiful, relaxing time away. I consider myself to be very picky, and I couldn't find any faults with Cotswold House. We cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. Fig restaurant offers fine dining and wonderful afternoon teas, whilst the Bistro has all day casual dining with wide selection of gins and wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds