Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Noel Arms Hotel(Chipping Campden)
$178
  • Breakfast included
Redesdale Arms Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
$129
Hotels.com
White Hart Royal Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
$116
$113
The Manor House Hotel(Moreton-in-Marsh)
$120
$107
1,159 results
All reviewsjunior suitefig restauranthot tubturn down servicesteam roommood lightingsorbetspiral staircasesmall poolhomemade cookiescottage roomeggs benedictprivate gardenthe cottagesspecial occasionsister hotelmain restaurant
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My friend and I stayed here for one night a couple of weeks ago; we got a fantastic deal on Travel Zoo which was £99 each and included dinner, bed, breakfast, afternoon tea, a bottle of champagne (waiting in the room on ice!) and £20 each towards the Spa, too good to miss! Am not sure I would have paid the full price without all the extras.

You need to drive around the back of the hotel to get to the car park otherwise you would need to pay to park at the front – advisable to drop your cases off before you drive round, as you have to carry them back through the gardens!

We booked some treatments in the Spa for the morning, and arrived at the hotel around 10.30 – it was too early for us to check in, so we went straight to the Spa which was a fabulous ‘Temple Spa’ – we got changed into our dressing gowns and went for treatments – not cheap. The first one I had was excellent. We then got to use the pool and steam room until they were ready for our next treatments – express pedicure which to be honest, was really not worth the money and we were both disappointed with this one. However, the beauticians were extremely friendly and brought us test samples of products to try whilst we relaxed by the pool. We also took advantage of the cocktail menu and both had a fantastic champagne cocktail. The Spa was set back from the hotel through the gardens.

Our afternoon tea was very nice, served in the Brasserie where we had very nice sandwiches, cakes and scones with clotted cream.
Our room was one of the standard ones, not too large and didn’t have the flashy bathroom or sitting room – but was still nice, the bathroom was small but had a really deep bath and good strong shower. There were a free mini bar (just stocked with soft drinks and a bar of chocolate!) and a coffee making machine alongside the kettle. By the sounds of it, there were some amazing rooms, including separate cottages within the grounds which I would’ve loved to have a look at. The gardens were gorgeous, with lots seating areas and a croquet lawn with big patio.

The evening meal was in the Brasserie and as part of the deal, there was a limited menu to choose from, however we were told that if we wanted to choose from the main menu – we would be given £20 each towards the total, which suited us really well. There wasn’t a huge choice but what we had was very nice and well cooked. The wine was an average price and the Baileys in a big glass!

Breakfast the next morning was in the main restaurant and was excellent – the choice was huge (porridge with whiskey and double cream followed by eggs Benedict!) and waiter service was nice rather than the standard ‘help yourself’ buffet.

Overall it was a lovely – we found the staff all very nice and friendly. The place is amazing (the wedding booked in the next day had a fantastic setting) and the surroundings beautiful. I would recommend it (if you check the offers first!) and would love to return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel with lovely furniture and exhorbitant prices to match - but we were quite prepared to pay the price and get a pampering weekend for our expenditure - but service was lacklustre from the start. Free wifi is broadband not wifi - and when I phoned reception was not enlightened about this until I went down to reception. The hotel review says you can choose your minibar and contents - plus a pillow menu - I phoned specifically beforehand to ask for sparkling and not still water and extra pillows - not there on arrival. We had booked through an agent where a "free gift" was part of the deal - no gift or no mention of one on arrival! We phoned reception again to remind them of this - oh, yes, you have to choose between one and the other, we were told, which is why we didn't tell you. Hmm. Other hotels we have stayed at have either asked us on arrival if there was a choice, or in Venice, really stylishly presented it in the room on arrival. Breakfast service on the 2nd day - well, all I can say is that the waitress must have had some terrible news - for she did not smile or say good morning and the look on her face said it all - "why are you here?" being the default expression. In summary 5 star prices with no star service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BGCLondon
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We have stayed many times over the past few years and love this hotel ; however since the new ownership a couple of years ago the standards have slipped a little ! You get the feeling that no one is actually keeping an eye on what is going on. The rooms are great , although festooned with cobwebs so the cleaning is lacking , the service in the bar is very hit and miss .On two nights we had to find staff to order a drink , as there is no one around , and we asked to look at some menus but after waiting 15 minutes and wanting more drinks as well , we found all the staff standing chatting in the bistro , totally uninterested in serving their guests. The breakfast order was wrong the next day also , and a 20 minute wait for toast. Only small problems on there own but together show a lack of focus and care for the guests , a general malaise and poor management.Reception staff could have been a little more interested as well , on arrival we were told all about the hotel facilities ,instead of being asked if we had stayed before.Checking out was quick thank you and goodbye , never asked if we had enjoyed the stay. The hotel needs to respect its guests a little more !!
It will be interesting to see if the hotel responds to this review !

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed at the Cotswold Hotel for two days in May. I was lucky to be given the junior suite with its lovely, spacious room, complimentary mini bar, luxury bathroom with sauna and massive bath, free internet, safe, couch, lovely log effect gas fire, open aspect to the gardens.

Your first impressions are abject luxury and it is - almost. But at the cost of £450 per night you expect that nothing is overlooked and this hotel is missing a trick on the tiny touches which DO matter. The service was exceptional and the staff simply charming except the rather surely waitress who didn't crack a smile all weekend. The things that disappointed me were the over complicated lighting system - I never did work out how to dim the lights. They were either all on or off and because they weren't simple switches it was confusing. In the bathroom I had a vast, two person shower come sauna come steam room complete with multi colour lighting in the ceiling. It had seven taps and no instructions for us except how to change from shower to sauna. Beware - turn on the wrong tap and you'll be squirted from the side or behind or above!

The overall finish was less than perfect. Paintwork looked a bit hurried. Grouting wasn't first class. There wasn't any body lotion or a sewing kit in the room although I did get one from Reception when I needed one. Instead of free wifi I was told there was broadband in the room. There was but it didn't work and needed a reset by Reception. Most odd as wifi is all that's needed for a weekend stay.

Don't get me wrong - this was a wonderful hotel with comfy beds and beautiful gardens but, at the price, I expected perfection. I hope the hotel read this and change the small things as then it would be worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful one night stay for her birthday and wanted to share some of the highlights.

Our two floor cottage suite with outside hot-tub was luxury at it's best. the best of which was the open log fire to tend over while watching a DVD, cute nightlight left on by a housemaid, motion sensitive B&O telly and creatively lit mirror in bathroom.

The restaurant was exceptional, passing my expectations and well earned high standards. The cooking was uncomplicated and executed to perfection. A sexy marraige of crab and Red Mullet as a starter was top notch. This is surely a kitchen which will be awarded well in the near future. Even the cheese (which is obviously not created on site) is a well chosen selection of eight, all VERY local.

Service throughout was impeccable, highlighted by a warm welcome from the hotel manager before dinner and a courtesy call before room service breakfast, i assume to make sure we were ready!

We were sufficiently entertained in the hot-tub and restaurant we did not even need to visit the newly added spa!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple