1,320 results
All reviews fig restaurant junior suite hot tub turn down service mood lighting steam room spiral staircase small pool homemade cookies cottage room eggs benedict huge bath private garden the cottages bottle of champagne sister hotel special occasion
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019

Very helpful friendly staff, wonderful restaurant and food. Excellent location. Beautiful gardens. Moved room as had early morning street noise and like an open window. Congratulated the chef for the superb meal in The Fig!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HollieDenyer, Public Relations Manager at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear Happiness42166735405,

Thank you for such a lovely review, we do apologise about the street noise we do hope you were moved straight away. We will be sure to let the Chef know your kind comments, we are sure he will be pleased.

Reviewed March 26, 2019

I was very excited to visit Cotswold House and Hotel for an overnight’s stay for my mother's birthday, as I wanted to treat her to a relaxing spa trip, and your facilities seemed ideal. The pictures and reviews seemed excellent and upon arrival, the room and hotel itself were just as promised.

However, after checking in and visiting the spa on Sunday afternoon, we were extremely disappointed to be told that we would not be able to use the spa that day, as it was full of non-hotel guests. Instead, we would have to use the spa the following day until 1 instead - not ideal as we had to leave at 12pm. Instead of having a relaxing afternoon in the spa which we expected and had paid for, we spent the rest of the day in our room.

I appreciate that due to health and safety, the spa has a capacity limit. However, we had booked the trip for the specific purpose of using the spa - as I expect is the case for most guests - and to be told we could not access a service that we had paid for seems frankly, ludicrous. I am sure your hotel managers are well aware of the spa's capacity. Surely it would make sense to limit the amount of external visitors if this would impact the service offered to full-paying hotel guests.

We made a complaint to the front desk, and had we felt these were taken seriously or even merely received a sincere apology, we may have been able to enjoy the rest of our stay. However, the response we received was ambivalent at best. We were left with a 'Well, what do you want me to about it' impression from the receptionist, with no concrete solution, apology or alternative, other than 'come back tomorrow', when our time was severely limited.

This has severely marred our overall trip and our impression of Cotswold House and Hotel, which had this incident not occurred, would certainly have been a positive one. I implore you to rethink your acceptance policies and perhaps invest in further customer service training for your front-of-house staff, as neither are up to the standards I would expect from a 4 star hotel such as this.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

I was part of a group of 12 ladies celebrating a 60th birthday. Spa staff were friendly, knowledgeable and knowledgeable. Lunch, dinner and breakfast were all delicious with superb service. We had a separate room for lunch and dinner. There was a turndown service in all rooms. I would highly recommend a visit!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
HollieDenyer, Public Relations Manager at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Dear 598pennyk,

Thank you for the 5-star review and such fabulous feedback, we are thrilled you had such a lovely stay with us celebrating a 60th Birthday.
We pride ourselves on giving great service, so it is great to hear we have achieved this.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2019

A group of 12 visited for a Spa and overnight. The staff at this hotel are a credit to the company. Polite, helpful, knowledgeable. Food in the Fig restaurant was excellent. (Separate review). Excellent choice for Breakfast all beautifully cooked. Lovely light lunch as well. Fantastic choice of Gins....probably about 50! The Spa is intimate, personal and just so relaxing (Separate review). We all had a great time.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear BuzzinAbout,

Thank you for the 5-star review and such lovely feedback. We are so pleased you had a wonderful stay with us.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

We came here as a wonderful birthday surprise. We stayed in a large suite, number 12 I think.
The bathroom was lovely and the stand alone bath huge! The mood lighting was a lovely touch. The rooms were clean and tea, coffee and home made cookies were very nice. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well.

I enjoyed a relaxing massage at the spa but didn’t use the pool. My daughter who is 6 was desperate to use the pool but no children were allowed. I can understand the reasons for this, but perhaps allowing children to use the pool for an hour first thing in the morning would work? We always try to stay at nice hotels with pools as my daughter is a very keen swimmer. For that reason I don’t think we will return.

The food in the bistro was very nice and reasonably priced, the Fig restaurant was good food but a little overpriced in my opinion.
The breakfast was very good with a nice selection of fruit, cereals, pastries, plus a hot food menu cooked to order.
We enjoyed our stay and found the staff very polite and helpful.

Chipping Camden is a very nice place and we enjoyed exploring whilst we visited.

Trip type: Traveled with family