We have finally got round to leaving a review on the Cotswold House Hotel & Spa 5 months after staying there. It has taken this long to get over it.
We stayed over here for one night only (thank God) in a Junior Suite on our way back home from our honeymoon. We had intended to have a relaxing stop-over complete with spa trip to break up the journey. £400 later we wished we hadn't bothered...
The bedroom itself was ok, somewhat dated but clean enough. The big selling point of the suite was the bathroom, complete with walk in shower, giant limestone bath complete with TV. This was easily the biggest let down. The shower looked filthy and possibly the first shower ever invented. Ancient doesnt begin to do it justice. The bath did what it said on the tin and was beautiful however there was very little chance of watching much on the TV as the reception was beyond poor.
The spa itself was also poor. We have stayed at pretty much every spa facility up and down the country and this was closer to the bottom than the top. The treatments were average, the facilities dated and the staff not particularly knowledgeable in their supposed trade.
On the plus side the food was very good at lunch and the service in the restaurant area was efficient and polite. Dont think it was overly pricey considering the quality. Sadly we didnt get chance to sample the breakfast in the morning as our experience had been so poor we were just happy to get out of there so cant comment.
Also its worth noting that as highlighted in previous reviews by other guests, this mob like to ring every last penny out of their guests. Particular highlight was being charged for a newspaper. Dont think I have ever stayed in a hotel that hasnt provided complimentary newspapers but true to form the Cotswold House Hotel & Spa prefer the short term approach to monetary gain, completely oblivious to the damage it does to potential retention of guests.
In short, avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds