My wife and I stayed there on a friday night for our anniversary. We had booked our night for an earlier date, but due to a illness we had to rearrange the date. The service at CH in dealing with this was excellent and they put my mind at ease that it was all rearranged. I received emails within an hour to confirm this. On the day we arrived at 2.30pm for some spa treatments. Our room was ready so we off loaded our bags and went to the spa. The service, cleanliness and ambience of the spa was perfect. We both headed off to our treatments and met again by the swimming pool. There is a limit on loungers by the pool, but in no time a couple of loungers became available. The pool was relaxing and the steam room is a bonus.
Our room was at the top of the hotel and had a large freestanding bath. The views over Chipping Camden were lovely and the size of the room was excellent. There wasn't a shower but i believe one was been added shortly. The fixtures and fittings in the room and all over the hotel add a contemporary feel to a very rural location. The bed was huge and comfortable - i'm 6,3 and had plenty of space. The room was quiet and we didn't hear any noise from outside. One improvement would have been a black out blind on both windows and not just one. We both found that our mobile reception wasn't great. No 3g and we couldn't get wifi in our room. A good thing though.
For supper we ate in the Grill. We had a drink in the front bar and then the called us to our table. One of the aspects of CH that attracted us was the online sample menu of the grill. The food didn't disappoint us. We both had the tiger prawns to start with, followed by cote du boeuf and puddings, all of the dishes were well presented and tasted great. Thomas the general manager guided us with a different wine for each course. He was kind in letting us try a couple before making a final choice and his knowledge on the wines was very useful. We finished with coffees and relaxed back in the front bar after dinner.
The next day after a good breakfast we walked around Chipping Camden and found the shops, galleries and general setting very relaxing. Chipping Norton doesn't offer this level of character and charm. The local people we met were very inviting and the hotel experience and staff from start to finish was excellent. I look forward to returning again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds