1,246 results
All reviews coffee shop curry sister hotel public areas award winning lovely hotel high street four poster plenty of hot water evening meal cakes old building full english short break lamb both nights stayed here for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019

This hotel was well situated for a few days in the Cotswolds. The room was clean. The breakfasts were fine. The other meals were just ok and quite expensive, with average service at best. While we were there it was cold for us Floridians(highs in 50's). Our room was cold. We kept asking the desk about the heat and all we got was continued BS about the radiator steam delay. We were there three nights and never got any heat. There was good parking available behind the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Excellent hotel in the heart of Chipping Campden. Easy access to shops and historical sites. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was pleasant and we'll accommodated. Food was lovely, but quite expensive. Nice coffee bar with perfectly mixed mocha. It was a bit difficult getting here if you don't have a car. Public transportation is spotty. Overall lovely 2-night stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

A secret birthday trip away that my partner had booked which turned into a suprise engagement. I was so pleased as the hotel was fabulous! Room was clean and tidy, obviously there were little imperfections like the bathtub having a rusty dent but the room was full of charm due to being slightly old fashioned but I feel it suited its surroundings. The main hotel and dining area was spotless and beautiful. The bar and lounge had plenty of areas to relax with the added board games dotted around. The staff were very friendly and the food was absolutely delicious! The sun was out so we also sat in the garden and enjoyed watching the horses coming through the courtyard. The hotel is right on the highstreet which was convenient with the added bonus of having its own car park at the back. This hotel will always hold a special place in my heart. If I had do give a negititive it would be for the staff to keep topping up the breakfast area as it was empty when I went up both days therefore had to wait and ask staff to top things up. Thank you for your hospitality.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here last Sunday evening on an overnight bed and breakfast.
Great hotel.excellant friendly staff in all areas but in particular the young gentlemen that were serving in the restaurant that evening.a credit to the hotel!!
We had a lovely evening meal with wine.good quality food lovely presentation.The breakfast was equally as good with everything being good quality and no corners cut in anything .Attention to detail in all the small but important things are there..I.e individual jam/marmalade pots,toast in toast racks/coffee pot on table etc etc !!!
The whole hotel is cosy ,quirky and in an excellant location.
The bar was busy during the afternoon but with a good atmosphere.
Chipping Camden is a simply beautiful village ..The best in the Cotswolds and if you come to visit make sure you stay in the Noel Arms!!!you won’t regret it.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

My wife and I stayed here in April on a Great Little Breaks deal. The price for this quality of hotel was impressive. We found all they staff in reception and in the restaurant really pleasant and kind. We were in room 7 clean nice bathroom and very comfortable bed. We found the old floorboards in the corridor funny they creaked with every footstep. It's an old hotel great. Slight problems was a cellar cooling fan outside but near the room when I mentioned it to one of the bar staff he grabbed his keys went in the cellar and turned it off. The meals were first class you do not expect to go to a little town like this to get one of the best curry meals you have ever tasted. A man at a table near me said that was the best black chicken curry I have ever tasted, I had it the second night and fully agree. Breakfast was also very good, and the hotel is right in the centre of one of the best Cotswold towns. Some reviewer complained about the beer price. It's not a pub, come and live in London then you can moan. If you want cheap beer walk down the road you will find a local pub think it's called the Volunteers, All in all would we come again yes as soon as. Great Little Breaks sold this hotel with tickets to Blenheim Palace included in the deal. Well the Palace is just outside Oxford this hotel is in Gloucestershire 35 plus miles away. Without a car you could not do the trip.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple