Chipping Campden is probably my favourite place in England and the Noël Arms offers a lovely place to stay in the heart of this small and special town. We've stayed here previously and have happy memories and this two night stay did not disappoint, although it is noticeable that the hotel is looking a little frayed around the edges and in need of some talc and a bit of money spending on it!
The staff are very friendly and helpful and our welcome was warm. Being linked to the hotel across the square adds some benefits (we ate in their Grill on our first evening and had a wonderful dinner). The car parking is very convenient although it does get very full.
We had a lovely room overlooking the square which provided atmosphere; although not cheap we had everything we needed (including two fans which helped with the very warm atmosphere during our stay).
Breakfast is excellent as were the serving staff (although the tea and coffe arrangements seemed to challenge some of the guests!). We also had dinner in the restaurant on our second evening which was superb and very good value for the quality of the food. A nightcap in the bar was also very good!
Chipping Campden is a beautiful place steeped in history and an excellent base for touring the Cotswolds or just visiting a whole host of nearby attractions. We also enjoyed a lovely walk up to Dovers hill with spectacular views over the Vale of Evesham.
We will certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 14th-Century Inn situated in the center of Chipping Campden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Noel Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noel Arms Chipping Campden
- Hotel Noel Arms
- Noel Arms Hotel Chipping Campden, Cotswolds