This is a tale of how woeful management can let a place down--and prevent repeat custom.
We chose this hotel from among any number of tempting eateries on Chipping Camden High Street for a big lunch with the extended family. First impressions were good as the place has a nice feel to it, and is decorated well.
However, no one greeted us from the hotel reception and we were left to find our own way to a seating area between the bar and restaurant. The limited mobility of some of our more elderly members meant we didn't immediately leave and seek a more welcoming place. Eventually, we found a waitress and then a table in the bar.
Again, a nice environment, but the service was woeful. We rearranged the table ourselves. Our waitress misunderstood parts of our order, and disappeared after serving us (never returning with the condiments we asked for). The bartender saw to the telephone before people standing at the bar. The menu advertised one flavour of risotto while the kitchen delivered another.
The overall problem became evident when I overheard a staff member tell one customer that the usual manager was off sick. Obviously, he or she needs to find adequate cover for such eventualities! Unfortunate, but we'll not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 14th-Century Inn situated in the center of Chipping Campden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Noel Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noel Arms Chipping Campden
- Hotel Noel Arms
- Noel Arms Hotel Chipping Campden, Cotswolds