1,280 results
All reviews afternoon tea sauna and steam room leisure facilities leisure club sandwiches drawing room cotswold countryside lovely setting changing rooms hotel is beautiful the general manager relaxing break breakfast and dinner upgraded to a suite four poster bed old house cream tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I must admit, when we walked in I felt a bit out of place as it comes across as very posh and we are not. I wasn’t a huge fan of the initial receptionist we came across as she wasn’t very helpful (I didn’t get her name) but we were shown our rooms promptly. Our room was in the annex and was large and airy. Dad and sisters room in the manor house. Slightly smaller but steeped in history. My fears were quashed though when we came across the other members of staff. Friendly and attentive. The outdoor areas are gorgeous and the food in the restaurant is excellent. To be honest the menu is small and I’m glad we only stayed 1 night as only 1 fish and 1 veggie option (I don’t like meat). Restaurant staff were brilliant and breakfast was superb. In my opinion, not a hotel for the younger clientele, we are in our 50s and felt like we were the kids. They did a brilliant job of dads celebration though and for that I’m very grateful.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Anna A, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear WendiH4,

Thank you for your comments.
I am glad to see that your dad had a lovely birthday celebrations with us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot praise the hotel and staff more highly!

My father loves this hotel and wanted to celebrate his 90th milestone here with sll if us.

They couldn’t have been more accommodating, friendly or professional.

Very impressive! Our diverse requirements were all catered for and the service was exemplary.

Great rooms, delicious food...

Historically gorgeous with excellent service.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Anna A, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear GillieCK59,

Thank you for your wonderful comments.
I am delighted to see that you and your family had an enjoyable time with us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Charingworth Manor for a 3 day stay to celebrate a big birthday!! The Manor looks beautiful on approach situated at the top of a long winding drive with magnificent views of the surrounding Cotswolds countryside!! We were warmly welcomed on arrival at 9.30pm and promptly shown to our room!! The staff throughout our stay couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and attentive!! 5 * service throughout our stay!! The restaurant was quite small and always busy due to the excellence of the fare on offer, all excellently prepared and presented!! All in all we had a wonderful stay and look forward to returning in the future!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Gordon1309

Thank you for your comments.

We truly believe we have a great unique hotel and therefore it is a delight to hear that our guests feel the same.
Our dedicated team members consistently strive to exceed expectations, and quite simply love what they do.

We are all looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very good stay as part of a nostalgia tour,involving 6 hotels of a similar style, Charingworth Manor definitely in the top half of the group. All staff friendly, helpful, professional, welcoming and a credit to the hotel.
Food and restaurant excellent both in terms of quality and value and restaurant and bar staff total professionals.
Rooms quirky and comfortable,only shortcomings due to age( which nobody can help),sloping floors, creaky doors and floors,windows sticking.).
Would happily stay again and look forward to doing so. Maybe also Sunday Lunch.

Room tip: Discuss needs with knowledgeable reception staff.
1  Thank Brian H

Dear Brian H

Thank you for your comments.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. Staff pleasant and very dog friendly. Lovely goodies for our pooch in the room. Our room was nice (Oxway) with lovely bath. Bed very comfortable but room very warm. No air con but a fan was provided. Table in an awkward place though couldn’t really get to wardrobe easily.
The surroundings are beautiful with amazing views but it is a way out so need to drive or get taxis. I would prefer to stay in Chipping Campden next time I’m in the area.
Not much atmosphere in the lounges.
I found this hotel to be very overpriced but it was an enjoyable stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Pennyboots

Thank you for your comments.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Charingworth Manor is located in the heart of the Cotswolds and it is surrounded by the wonderful countryside, it is necessary to have a car to be able to explore the area.
Please rest assured that our prices are competitive with similar hotels in this area.

Kind Regards