“A Special Place”
Review of The Seagrave Arms

The Seagrave Arms
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband & I really enjoyed our stay. The food, locally sourced & prepared by the chef from Bordeaux was excellent, imaginative & beautifully presented. The staff were attentive & made us feel very welcome. Even dodging the wasps in the pretty courtyayd garden was worth it.
Only one minor grouse - the light above the washbasin could do with being bright enough for us girls to put on our makeup & for our men to shave.

We look forward to returning in the winter to check out that big old fireplace.
Linda & Mike Arnell

Room Tip: We had a front room facing south so lovely & bright. The large window actually opened (so many h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying at 'The Seagrave Arms'. We arrived on a hot sunny day, were greeted by very attentive host, seated outside, with delicious smoked salmon sandwiches and a Pimms. After a tour of the local Heritage Gardens, and a nearby village, where of course we had to stop off for a cocktail in an attractive restaurant/bar.
Later that evening, we arrived back to our lovely 'Seagrave Arms' for dinner, which again was outside, given the lovely weather, we were delighted with the feast of beautiful food served to us, one taste outdoing the next. Afterwards, we were escorted to our enchanting room in the main house, superbly decorated, lovely view, divine bathroom, all white, we could have resided in there alone! The beds were like clouds, hence giving us the most beautiful deep sleep. After our wonderful rest, we descended downstairs, gasping with envy, at everything that came into our vision, to the very restful breakfast room, decorated in warm colours with luxurious fabrics and well chosen furniture to compliment the environment, as was throughout the house. Along came our very attentive and happy host, had a little chat, brought us our delicious breakfast of local fare... How can we leave? we love it here, we shall, most definitely return.

Room Tip: This house is peaceful, the beds are so cosy, you'll easily drift off...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank m4marni2016
Reviewed July 23, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 13, 2013

What a find! Nestled between Broadway, Worcestershire and Chipping Camden, this place is marvellous! Fantastic, attentive service by whom I assume was the owner and his young, but very professional barman. Everything about this venue screams of quality and attention to detail. Food is of the best quality and is prepared and presented, promptly, and with obvious skill. I for one, will be back here, very soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at The Seagrave Arms with another couple for 2 nights in September 2012. We each had a room in the main house which were comfortable and well-appointed. We were very impressed with the outstanding quality of the breakfasts and dinners which featured the wonderful local produce. The dinners in particular were a highlight of our trip; attentive service, amazingly prepared local produce and staff who took pride in explaining the origins of the food we so greatly enjoyed. It was most fortuitous that we only had to duck upstairs to bed after enjoying such outstanding hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I canot tell you the last time I went into a pub and enjoyed a Sunday lunch so my expectations on entering The Seagrave Arms were not high. This is a wonderful conversion. The rooms are well decorated and the staff are attentive and well briefed. I ordered a really good local bitter and scanned the food options. Of course I was drawn to the sirloing but why should I face another disappointment...oh well I'll give it a chance and I wa sreally delighted thaI did.

Staring with a wonderful, light liver parfait I waited (not too long) for the bef to appear. There it was, not that grey slab but several pink (as ordered) slices draped delicately across several fluffy roasted potatoes. It was truly delicious and the chef deserves considerable credit.

I am not a great pudding person but was drawn by the words 'whisky' and 'custard'. Custard is a rarity on menus nowadays having given way to ice cream with the most bizarre combinations of ingredients (an opportunity to show off and double the price). This dish combined the two. Can you imagine such a combination....truly heavenly. I strongly recommend you set your Tom Toms to Weston Subedge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Derek B
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've just returned from a weekend break in the Cotswolds. I had the Seagrave Arms recommended to me and I decided to eat there and stay the evening so we could enjoy our break, we have a young family (grand parents had our children) and it was booked as a birthday treat for my husband.
When I had originally booked our stay, I had requested that we have a room in the main house (after reading other reviews regarding room size). When we arrived at around 6pm it transpired that my request had been over looked and we were put in the annex. The owner said as we had arrived so late the there were no other rooms available to us. I have to say as much as the room was clean, I was rather disappointed at its size and poor natural light.
We were offered a glass of champagne to compensate and this was accepted. Luckily the food was amazing and presented really well. Our breakfasts were also nice and I would say ample sized considering the food we had eaten the previous evening.
All in all we had a lovely weekend, however if we were to visit the Cotswolds again we would eat here again but not stay.

Room Tip: Request and get confirmed to you that you do have a room in the main house.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Mickleton
The Broadway Hotel
The Broadway Hotel
#5 of 6 in Broadway

Been to The Seagrave Arms? Share your experiences!