“Charming Country Inn”

The Seagrave Arms
Sydney, Australia
“Charming Country Inn”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at The Seagrave Arms with another couple for 2 nights in September 2012. We each had a room in the main house which were comfortable and well-appointed. We were very impressed with the outstanding quality of the breakfasts and dinners which featured the wonderful local produce. The dinners in particular were a highlight of our trip; attentive service, amazingly prepared local produce and staff who took pride in explaining the origins of the food we so greatly enjoyed. It was most fortuitous that we only had to duck upstairs to bed after enjoying such outstanding hospitality!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I canot tell you the last time I went into a pub and enjoyed a Sunday lunch so my expectations on entering The Seagrave Arms were not high. This is a wonderful conversion. The rooms are well decorated and the staff are attentive and well briefed. I ordered a really good local bitter and scanned the food options. Of course I was drawn to the sirloing but why should I face another disappointment...oh well I'll give it a chance and I wa sreally delighted thaI did.

Staring with a wonderful, light liver parfait I waited (not too long) for the bef to appear. There it was, not that grey slab but several pink (as ordered) slices draped delicately across several fluffy roasted potatoes. It was truly delicious and the chef deserves considerable credit.

I am not a great pudding person but was drawn by the words 'whisky' and 'custard'. Custard is a rarity on menus nowadays having given way to ice cream with the most bizarre combinations of ingredients (an opportunity to show off and double the price). This dish combined the two. Can you imagine such a combination....truly heavenly. I strongly recommend you set your Tom Toms to Weston Subedge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Derek B
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We've just returned from a weekend break in the Cotswolds. I had the Seagrave Arms recommended to me and I decided to eat there and stay the evening so we could enjoy our break, we have a young family (grand parents had our children) and it was booked as a birthday treat for my husband.
When I had originally booked our stay, I had requested that we have a room in the main house (after reading other reviews regarding room size). When we arrived at around 6pm it transpired that my request had been over looked and we were put in the annex. The owner said as we had arrived so late the there were no other rooms available to us. I have to say as much as the room was clean, I was rather disappointed at its size and poor natural light.
We were offered a glass of champagne to compensate and this was accepted. Luckily the food was amazing and presented really well. Our breakfasts were also nice and I would say ample sized considering the food we had eaten the previous evening.
All in all we had a lovely weekend, however if we were to visit the Cotswolds again we would eat here again but not stay.

Room Tip: Request and get confirmed to you that you do have a room in the main house.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel B
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from an overnight stay at the Seagrave Arms and must complement the owners for making us feel very welcome. The room was lovely and breakfast lived up to all the hype. We will certainly recommend and hope to book again soon.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have eaten and stayed at the Seagraves Arms a number of times and each time has been sublime. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the delightful staff. We would highly recommend the Seagraves and we certainly be visiting again very soon.
Mark & Julie

Room Tip: We always ask for the suite, it's very spacious with a Huge bed and a separate bathroom with a s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 17, 2013

When we dropped in because we had to find a last minute room we were welcomed by the very friendly owner and his son. We were just passing by and in need of a bed and so looking for something cheap, however quickly decided we wanted to stay at the Seagrave Arms and were very pleased we did so! The owner is very friendly and passionate about his hotel and will do his very best to make your stay worth while.
Rooms are very cosy, the bathrooms are spotless and facilities are very good. Liked the shower very much, the bed was great, food was very good.. I don't have any real cons about this hotel.

Greatest asset for this hotel however are the people who run it. They make you feel right at home, wil do their best to make your stay a great one and are more than willing to help you with anything. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FDutcho
stevenage
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Mmumy partner and i and mum inlaw have just spent 3 great days here food excellent rooms great wat more can i say .dog friendly give it a try you will not be sorry ..I have never tasted fish and chips this good away from the coast .Danny +ann +mum (barney the dog)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 6 in Broadway
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
#1 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to The Seagrave Arms? Share your experiences!