My wife and I booked with The Seagrave Arms for a long weekend in the Cotswolds, the primary reason being that we could bring our dog. Kevin (owner) and team provided friendly and accommodating service. We had dinner in the bar both nights of our stay (bar area allows for dogs), very cozy with the fire, area was small and intimate, our meals on both nights were excellent (had starter, main, wine and dessert).
The room was a little smallish but still quite comfortable, clean, and well kept. The weather was below freezing but the room inside was plenty warm. The shower temp we would have liked to have gotten a little hotter, but wasn't such that it was a huge issue. Again, I might call the room a little small given what we paid, but the fact we were able to bring our dog and stay in such a comfortable room more than made up for it.
Above all, the primary driver behind our rating is the warmth and friendliness of service. We arrived a little early and were still accommodated in the bar for lunch. Kevin arranged for a taxi pick up upon our departure to the train station, and allowed for us to leave our rental car behind in the lot for pick up by the rental company, all with fairly short notice. And finally, they were very friendly and welcoming to our dog, that we could bring him really made our trip. For all of our dog's attributes, he can get a little curious and excited and they were very understanding and friendly still.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seagrave Arms is a charming country inn and award-winning restaurant with eight en-suite bedrooms and a self-catering cottage with two bedrooms. Set in the heart of the Cotswolds, mid-way between the villages of Chipping Campden (1 mile) and Broadway (3 miles) and just 20 minutes dive from both Cheltenham and Stratford upon Avon. The eight bedrooms feature king-size beds, luxurious linen, flat screen TVs, natural British toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary WiFi. With 2 Rosettes, the restaurant serves seasonal British cuisine. The menu is made with sustainable local produce including fruits and vegetables from nearby farms, Cotswold beef, Gloucester Old Spot pork and plenty of game from local shoots. Whether you want to enjoy a pint of real ale in the bar near the roaring-log fire or dine on classic dishes in the candlelit and intimate restaurant, the team look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your The Seagrave Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seagrave Arms Hotel Chipping Campden
- The Seagrave Arms Chipping Campden, Cotswolds