“First visit, Not the last!”
Review of The Seagrave Arms

The Seagrave Arms
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Seagrave Arms is a charming country pub with rooms serving award-winning British cuisine in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. With 2 Rosettes, the restaurant serves seasonal British cuisine. The menu is made with sustainable local produce including fruits and vegetables from nearby farms, Cotswold beef, Gloucester Old Spot pork and plenty of game from local shoots. Whether you want to enjoy a pint of real ale in the bar near the roaring-log fire or dine on classic dishes in the candlelit and intimate restaurant, the team look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We ate here with friends last week for the first time. What a surprise! Warm and friendly atmosphere, chilled and relaxed surroundings. Certainly did not feel like it had just changed hands. Everything was smooth and seamless, the staff were attentive and chatty, the food was tasty, filling and mouthwatering. Chatted with the other diners, and the consensus was the same. We will certainly be taking friends and family here! I wish the new owners all the best, and cant wait to see what the future visits will bring.

1  Thank Sara H

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Really nice restaurant in lovely location with a choice of inside or outside eating. Lovely variety of food and wine with nice warming people . wouldn't hesertate to go again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

For the past couple of years we had been fortunate to eat here regularly. At the end of January the ownership changed and so unfortunately has the chef, the menu seems the same but the outstanding quality has gone, the food was average and not something to be recommended. Service was friendly and attentive, but a disappointing experience.

director69, Owner at The Seagrave Arms, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

As the new owner I am very disappointed that you felt this way about the food here at The Seagrave. Whilst I will not go into the specifics of why the previous chef left us, it was not our choice but because we were unwilling to meet some quite extreme demands.

We have worked hard to find a new chef and have enjoyed quite a lot of interest in the offer we have here from some very experienced and qualified chefs. Our search has led us to a chef who has maintained both a Michelin star and three AA rosettes in his previous post. We are very excited about the future of our food offer here at The Seagrave and look forward to it being even better than it was under the previous management. We will also be offering a new evening meal service at our other establishment The Malt House in Chipping Campden under the stewardship of our new chef - please view our reviews here to get an understanding of the level of quality, attention to detail and service that we strive to provide as a small family business.

We would certainly welcome a return visit from yourselves, at our cost, to try out our new offer and hope that we might meet and exceed the expectations you have of us here.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had booked accomodation and dinner here as we were travelling back home to Yorkshire and the reviews on Trip Advisor and in the Good food Guide were good.
I booked the suite which cost 125.00 and we thought worth the money, it had a very big bed with excellent pillows. It was only next morning after a shower we discovered the towels in the bathroom were only hand towels and totally inadequate. When paying this sort of money that is not acceptable.

On coming down to the restaurant /bar I asked what wines they did by the glass to be given an A4 page which listed 7 white wines and 6 red - 3 of each were available by the glass.

After ordering our starters and main course I asked for the full wine list to be told that was it. That meant we had very little choice and were not able to order a wine sutable for the food. It should also be noted that even on a list this short there was little information to assist choice ie. Country of origin - Producer and vintage. There was one Champagne on the list which was described simply as House Champagne. That smacks of buying the cheapest avaible at the local cash & carry.

We eat out regularly and I can say this is the shortest wine list I have ever seen and for a restaurant of this quality it would stop me using again !

We enjoyed our meal, the quality was good, it was well presented and well cooked. However the wine should have enhanced the enjoyment.

On returning to the bar for a final drink we met the owner who advised us they only purchased the business that Monday we were there on Friday.

I passed on my comments regarding the wine list and towel to the owners and I would hope something is done.

Breafast next morning was quite splendid.

If the two points I raised were corrected I would be scoring this occasion 4 star rather than 3

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had several lunches and dinners and all excellent. Service friendly and accommodating. As I eat most days in high end London restaurants I don't want a London lite eating experience but good produce cooked well. Puddings especially are excellent. Good beers and wines. Recommended