“Some of the best food I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Seagrave Arms

The Seagrave Arms
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Seagrave Arms is a charming country pub with rooms serving award-winning British cuisine in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. With 2 Rosettes, the restaurant serves seasonal British cuisine. The menu is made with sustainable local produce including fruits and vegetables from nearby farms, Cotswold beef, Gloucester Old Spot pork and plenty of game from local shoots. Whether you want to enjoy a pint of real ale in the bar near the roaring-log fire or dine on classic dishes in the candlelit and intimate restaurant, Hannah, Newstead and Mally (The Cat) look forward to welcoming you.
“Some of the best food I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We came here recently with friends, visiting for a wedding, and stumbled upon the Seagrave. The staff were extremely friendly as soon as we walked in and rearranged the table for our friends baby. Three of us ordered the duck and it was incredible. One of the best dishes I've ever had. My husband and I shared a side order of vegetables and the carrots had a wonderful flavour that I couldn't pin point whatever the secret ingredient was. Only downside was the vegetarian main course, according to our friend it was very creamy and she fed it to her 18month old son who unfortunately threw it up. I think these pubs generally cater much more to the meat dishes. Despite this I was thoroughly impressed by this place and will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013

“fantastic food and staff only downfall was vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I must say that the food and organic house white wine was exquisite. The duck was cooked to perfection and the side of vegetables was even divine with the carrots being exceptionally sweet. My friend had the carbonara as the vegetarian option and it was very rich so the only downfall. She even fed it to her 18month old son and he got sick poor boy. But it is only one dish and if it improves then it will be a fabulous five star restaurant.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food and excellent dining experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went to the Seagrave Arms for a family dinner and was extremely impressed with the standard of the food and service.
The waiting staff were very attentive and friendly and made us feel very welcome.
I ordered the fish and chips which didn't disappoint!! Without question the best fish and chips I have had. The fish was a generous, haddock fillet in a very delicate, light batter on a bed of samphire, which made a nice change from peas and complimented the fish beautiful. The chips were hand cut and rustic and beautifully seasoned and the presentation was superb.
The main course was very filling but I couldn't resist dessert if the main was anything to go by. I had the home made chocolate brownie with banana ice cream which was a great combination and again beautifully presented.
On the whole superb food and excellent overall dining experience.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Good Food , complimented by good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

stopped of at here on our way home for dinner we where met with smiles and welcomed in with two tired and hungry children , the food was first class and the staff where very accomodating of the kids when it came to what they wanted to eat ,some ice cream to die for to finish off, all i can say is get a taxi as the Chappel Down Larger is very addictive !!! 1st Class

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Expensive and small portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We ate here during our recent holiday to the area. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Food was quite expensive (min £16/17 for a main course). We wrongly assumed that these prices included side dishes e.g. vegetables/potato but they didn't! You had to pay at least an extra £6 for these! As a result the portions were tiny! The food itself was tasty but certainly not worth the money paid. We wouldn't visit again.