“total surprise!!”

Taj Cottage
Ranked #74 of 511 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“total surprise!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a fabulous meal here in this quirky restaurant. The food was unbelievably good and the prices on par with other Indian restaurants. The portion sizes were huge. The staff were very competent, smart and very friendly.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Viv P

sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant in Doncaster!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was deciding on a restaurant to host my brothers Birthday dinner, when I was advised by a friend of mine to try Taj Cottage in the lovely town of Tickhill. I went onto their website www.tajcottage.co.uk and was straight away taken by the authentic menu choices and value for money. Our visit was spectacular and the service was attentive right from our entrance.
The food is only too well described by the aromas that fill the restaurant and the flavours were fresh and vibrant and the chef truly understands how to season his food (the Taj special is a unique creation and one of a kind) All of the curries we had were unique spins on classics from many different countries around Asia and kindly shared with us.
On leaving the restaurant, my brother was presented with a personal birthday card signed by the staff; a true reminder of the unique dining experience we had enjoyed.
I strongly recommend anyone to visit this Family and friend run gem, so conveniently situated in Tickhill near Doncaster town centre

• Visited April 2013
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Just had a perfect meal (duncan specials), ambiance calm and tranquil with excellent service throughout. Cannot wait to return again to sample more delights and soak in the atmosphere and food.

Visited April 2013
Thank Michelle and Du... S
Sheffield
“Good food and excellent service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited with a party of four on a Friday night without a reservation and had no problem.A few good pubs within easy walking distance. It's quite a big place with more space upstairs so no problem getting a table. Kingfisher and Cobra on draught which is always a plus for me! Poppadoms, crunchy and warm, plenty of pickles etc which were excellent. Mixed starters were great and mains very good. Special biryani was a big dish and very tasty. Nan bread was good. Bill for four with bottle of wine and a few beers £98. Bit more expensive than some but overall good night and we will be back.

• Visited April 2013
rotherham
“First class Valentines Day!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Really enjoyed our first visit to this Indian Restaurant after many years of threatening to go. The atmosphere is just right and the authentic live Indian Pipe been played whilst you eat just topped it off.

When I called to book the table (at 11am) no one answered the phone, to my surprise I got a call back asking if I had just called even though no message was left - first class. I was recommended the window table by a friend and our wish was granted when booking.

Price was as good as the food: £41 for 4 poppadoms, pickle tray, 2 curry dishes, 2 rice, 2 special naan breads, 3 pints of Cobra and 2 orange Juice on Valentines day.

The night was topped off when my wife was given a single red rose with our bill. We were not disappointed and will be returning.

Thanks Taj Cottage :-)