All reviews wetherspoons hotel typical wetherspoons market place busy pub no lift flights of stairs fish and chips saturday afternoon excellent value for money beds were comfortable lovely room first floor night stay large tv tea and coffee making facilities steak the air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Stayed at Wetherspoon hotels before, always found them comfortable, very good value. This Wetherspoon was exceptional, was the amazing staff, a really big thank you to day manager Mark & evening manageress Danielle who were so wonderfully helpful when I mixed booking the wrong dates. This Wetherspoons was so well run, it was so clean upstairs and down all their staff was so friendly, helpful and hardworking. We will defiantly be back, the added bonus is the great location.

Room tip: ask for a lower floor if you stairs are a problem
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
G5123LSandyh, Manager at The Red Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit with us, I am glad to hear you were pleased overall.
I'll be sure to pass on your positive feedback to Mark and Danielle.

Thanks once again for taking the time to review us, we value feedback as it helps us improve for future, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Red Lion soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

We found this pub by accident it was near disabled parking an the Doncaster market I'm so glad we went in found a table people very friendly if you wanted quiet place don't go there it's a lively noisy pub looked at menu which was good choices my son went to order mine had run out so order something else we got drinks an we wait ten minutes an food arrived an wow it was excellent hot well presented very very impressed as it's a Wetherspoon pub best eve r I've been in a recommended this pub we return the following evening an the food an service was excellent despite being very busy the staff deserve a medal keeping tables clean an glasses removed well worth a visit

Date of stay: April 2019

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Nipped in for lunch,it was very busy as usual but managed to get a table. We used the app which is the best invention ever!!! It shows out of stock food which is brill,I ordered the new brie panini which is lovely but had gone out of stock by the time I got to payment so I ordered the new humous and salad wrap which was still just as nice. We waited no longer than 15 mins for our food and drink even though it was really busy! Weatherspoons are cheap and cheerful and you should not expect table service as if you are out at a 5* restaurant I think some people forget this.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit with us, I am delighted to hear you took advantage of our app and the new menu selections and enjoyed both.

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

Visited today with my daughter . Thought I’d use the app as thought it would be quicker my food arrived before my drinks then waited half a hour for a second round of drinks. When asked were my drinks were I was told I don’t know but they’ll be coming . Witnessed a staff members drop drinks over a customer which she then said whoops sorry and left the customer to clean the table. Looked to be loads of underage drinkers in there also . The women that served me my food maybe welsh or some kind of accent was the best bit about the place polite and made sure we had everything we need .

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2019

The Red Lion old pub now modernised by Wetherspoons the present owner is a delightful large typical English town pub “what I would call a real Pub”
My friend and I were in Doncaster in the afternoon for pre Match Drinks prior to our team Barnsley FC Playing at the Keepmoat stadium a league 1 game.
The red lion like I said is and old fashioned pub the ones we like to drink in the lion is well decorated and has a nice ambience with many locals free and easy to join in a conversation with calling visitors. We had some good conversations with locals and people visiting while we were there. The Ales were very reasonable priced as all spoons pubs are and the quality was good and the service quick and friendly staff. “ great hour spent there.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends