“I disappointment”

Woodfield Farm, Dining & Carvery
Ranked #36 of 557 Restaurants in Doncaster
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our extensive Menu is packed with delicious pub classics as well as a traditional carvery, served daily, which boasts a fantastic choice of fresh seasonal vegetables, our signature flavoured potatoes and succulent roasted meat joints. We believe we have a great value offering with wide appeal Too full after your meal? Why not take a slice of cake home from our famous Cakeaway cabinet to enjoy whenever you like. Our cakes are homemade on site and are guaranteed to be the most amazing cakes you will ever see. Bookings can be taken Monday to Saturday online through our website. Whilst we serve very generous portions of good quality food and also operate a carvery within the restaurant, we are keen not to forget our drinking customers and have a large open bar, plus outdoor terrace areas. With families in mind we have also incorporated a kid's play area into the family dining area, which is proving to be a big hit with our younger customers.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I heard so much good about Woodfield farm, I decided to go with my partner and a friends, I partner order a full english breakfast as they were available all day long, she ordered toast with it and this was not brought when we were brought our meal, the waitress said it would just be a minute. We waited a little while and still no toast. I went up and asked about it and they'd forgot, I waited a bout another 5-10mins and was brought out two pieces of toast. By this time my partners meal had gone cold.
I orded a curry with rice, I would say this is okay but nothing special. I wasn't overly impressed my the experience. Maybe the sunday carvery is better but I'm in no rush to return. As I say an okay meal but much better places to go to.

1  Thank GwendolenCoe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

great choice of menu from snacks, meals, carvery and childrens menu - be sure to leave room for one of their amazing desserts and if you don't have room you can even take your pudding home with you for later. We ate there 5 nights out of 7 and even took friends with us 1 night. Staff were friendly and helpful. They have a great kids play area for 5 years and under which is free to use. Drinks are also reasonable.

2  Thank cazwoodwood
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Small portions and over priced food, When the food came out mine was burnt on the underside. But had been turned upside down to hide the fact. On tasting it, it tasted burnt and dry will certanly not be returning here.

2  Thank SJ Doncaster
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Have been to Woodfield Farm today for a planned Christmas lunch for O.A.P's! Took my Mum, I may add! it was very well organised, pleasently decorated with lots of extra touches to make it feel special. All the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful, The 3 course meal was excellent value for money and we were unable to eat the warm mince pies and chocolates offered at the end of the meal!

1  Thank camilli4146
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Took my mum,son and grandson here for tea. We have been many times as it does provide a good play area for children at no extra cost which is a bonus. But this time we went unfortunately everything was very poor.our table had been cleared since the previous users but was not clean,it was sticky,there was only a pepper pot,no salt and one of the chairs had mayonnaise all over it,if I hadn't seen it I would have got it all over my skirt. We had to wait at the carvery until someone came to serve us,the food was all Luke warm,the cabbage was uncooked and very discolored. My son's girlfriend who is vegetarian had the carvery without meat but half way between her meal she had eaten meat that had been mixed in with some veg and had to leave the remainder of her meal. The coffee they serve is in a cup so small it's gone in 2 mouthfuls. If they don't buck their ideas up I will be going elsewhere.

1  Thank tinkerbell089