“great family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodfield Farm

Woodfield Farm
Ranked #130 of 511 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grantown-on-Spey, United Kingdom
“great family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

great choice of menu from snacks, meals, carvery and childrens menu - be sure to leave room for one of their amazing desserts and if you don't have room you can even take your pudding home with you for later. We ate there 5 nights out of 7 and even took friends with us 1 night. Staff were friendly and helpful. They have a great kids play area for 5 years and under which is free to use. Drinks are also reasonable.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank cazwoodwood

“Food burnt and hidden by turning it upside down on plate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Small portions and over priced food, When the food came out mine was burnt on the underside. But had been turned upside down to hide the fact. On tasting it, it tasted burnt and dry will certanly not be returning here.

2 Thank SJ Doncaster
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Christmas Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Have been to Woodfield Farm today for a planned Christmas lunch for O.A.P's! Took my Mum, I may add! it was very well organised, pleasently decorated with lots of extra touches to make it feel special. All the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful, The 3 course meal was excellent value for money and we were unable to eat the warm mince pies and chocolates offered at the end of the meal!

1 Thank camilli4146
warmsworth
“Not like it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Took my mum,son and grandson here for tea. We have been many times as it does provide a good play area for children at no extra cost which is a bonus. But this time we went unfortunately everything was very poor.our table had been cleared since the previous users but was not clean,it was sticky,there was only a pepper pot,no salt and one of the chairs had mayonnaise all over it,if I hadn't seen it I would have got it all over my skirt. We had to wait at the carvery until someone came to serve us,the food was all Luke warm,the cabbage was uncooked and very discolored. My son's girlfriend who is vegetarian had the carvery without meat but half way between her meal she had eaten meat that had been mixed in with some veg and had to leave the remainder of her meal. The coffee they serve is in a cup so small it's gone in 2 mouthfuls. If they don't buck their ideas up I will be going elsewhere.

1 Thank tinkerbell089
Andros
“Middle of the road.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We went here for a family meal with our two daughters, son-in-law and grandchildren for a family meal, before my wife & I flew back home to Greece. Although surprisingly busy for early Saturday evening, we were seated after a couple of minutes.

The main courses were distinctly middle of the road in terms of quality, but the sweets from "Cakeaway" were very impressive both in size & taste and come highly recommended from someone who doesn't have a sweet tooth. I write a blog that is followed in 12 different countries and a the Woodfield Farm sweets will no doubt feature in the next episode.

The only minor criticism/irritation was that the excellent children's play area was unsupervised, such that over-age children were allowed to run amok in there, to the detriment of the smaller children who fell within the age-group restrictions.

Five adult meals & two sweets, two children's meals & icecreams, together with two rounds of drinks came to just under a £100, which was about par for the course.

It was OK, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again. Definitely middle of the road in most aspects.