“Disgusting slop - surprised someone hasn't been ill!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Woodfield Farm

Woodfield Farm
Ranked #131 of 511 Restaurants in Doncaster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Disgusting slop - surprised someone hasn't been ill!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just wanted something light to eat so ordered a prawn coctail and side order of wedges and my partner ordered a chicken skewer salad.

Prawn coctail looked like someone had thrown up on the plate, full leaves of iceberg lettuce with a dollop of prawn sauce out of a jar and some cheaper frozen prawns on the top that looked like they had seen better days. My wedges came out with something on the top with a slab of cheese, when I asked the staff memeber what it was she replied "its what you ordered". I ordered a side of wedges, she just shrugged and walked off. Tasted both and they were awful, staff couldn't be bothered so I won't be wasting my money there again.

My partners chicken skewer salad was a little bit better, the skewer was nice but only got one, the salad was comparable to my prawn coctail, poor effort!

Im surprised someone hasn't been il

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank katwheeley

“superb calvery ! !”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

sunday calvery is superb ! i love cooking sunday lunch and am very fussy when dinning out " this is nice " choice service and cleanleness great ! worth every penny !

Visited July 2013
Doncaster, England
“Food not what it used to be”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Eat here quite regularly.....or should I say did......visited at a weekend with the kids. Oldest had a carvery which she enjoyed. Husband and I had steak which came out looking anemic. It tasted a bit bland to be honest and looked like it had been cooked in an oven and not over a grill....tasted nothing like it used to here...not sure if the chef as changed as well as the menu? The place was virtually empty which is unusual even in warm weather....that made a nice change though. The amazing wood field slice seems to ave disappeared as well. All in all this place just isn't what it used to be, food is ok but not as good as it used to be. Based on that I can't see us rushing back and will probably try other local establishments.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Never again.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We visited on a quiet Sunday evening. There were tables around us that were piled high with plates. After ordering our meals, we watched staff just throwing clean cutlery on tables after finally clearing them. On receiving our meals, we were not impressed. The chicken salad was just a heap of mess on a plate. Coleslaw and potato salad just heaped on and mixed in with salad leaves that had seen better days. It did not look appetising at all. The mixed grill was very over cooked, and my chips and onion rings were burnt. We realised that we had not received a check back at all from staff, so I went to find a manager to complain. Although he apologized, the meal had been ruined. We took his offer up of free desserts, but I found mine very synthetic and bland, and I couldn't eat it. Will not be going here again.

“Family Meal”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Spontaneous visit and we didn't book but were able to get a table without problem. This is a pub-restaurant and there are 2 sections - one for families and one for adults only which is a good idea for those that don't want to be bothered by children running around. The children's section provides FREE activity for children.

We had a carvery meal which comes in three sizes - Small, Standard and Mega. We chose the small meals and still had more than enough (They serve the meat, you help yourself to a wide choice of vegetables). We didn't have a dessert but looking in the display cabinet one can see that they don't skimp on the servings. They also offer a "cake-away service" - order and collect

Enjoyed the time there and will be going again..